Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bored to tears already ..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Just shows how I feel. If I log in to WoW I may as well sit on the floor for 30mins doing nothing unless my 5v5 team is on... Meanwhile I could be playing something else, so thats all it shows.

I don't think I'll quit, but I won't cry if my Sub runs out. I'm hopeful next Arena season will shake up the inactive 5v5 but if not and if I don't get raids or new teams, I'm as good as gone.

I thought arena is balanced around 3v3?

Also what was the third person game where you were controlling some girl character running up stairs?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I thought arena is balanced around 3v3?

Also what was the third person game where you were controlling some girl character running up stairs?

Silly Panda, PvP isn't balanced.

You so silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

So now that 600,000 players have left;
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2093999395?page=1

What do you think Blizzard can/will/need to do to fix the mass "jumping of ship". Im getting to a point where im fed up of it too. Ive read toones of posts about and read some good and bad stuff but i remebered this post from months ago as i agreed with it and felt the same way.

Has the game has really reached the ceiling?, when cata started i remember thinking that something wasnt quite right with it it didnt feel like WOTLK (probably due to the fact that you dont see Deathwing so often and theres no epic "holy ****" moments like when you see the Lich king from time to time on Wrath.)

Are random Heroic dungeons really that bad, i keep reading stuff that just puts me off them completely. Id love to get stuck in, ive a few geared up toons but ive only done "one" heroic so far and that was a kinda boost where we had one epic geared DK carry 4 people.

Sure 4.2 promises new quests or zones (im not sure which) but thats probably a good 2 months away possably. People mention "Rift" as the reason for the drop in sub Numbers which i dont think could be related.

So any thoughts? Have Blizzard dropped the ball made a mess of Cata and are too busy with their MMO "Titan"?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

There is still 11.4 million players...its actually not a big deal.

And with an expansion that has a short time of content, I really dont see a big panic from them. Those numbers will come back for 4.2 no doubt and subsequent expansions and patches.

And lets not forget alot of top guilds were culled coming into Cataclysm by poorly run unprepared 25man guilds. So alot of people are probably finding it hard to get into raiding.

And there is still **** all people who are doing well in heroics, I think there is soemthing like 6 guilds in Europe at 10/13 heroic?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

TheDoc wrote: »
    There is still 11.4 million players...its actually not a big deal.

And with an expansion that has a short time of content, I really dont see a big panic from them. Those numbers will come back for 4.2 no doubt and subsequent expansions and patches.

And lets not forget alot of top guilds were culled coming into Cataclysm by poorly run unprepared 25man guilds. So alot of people are probably finding it hard to get into raiding.

And there is still **** all people who are doing well in heroics, I think there is soemthing like 6 guilds in Europe at 10/13 heroic?

600,000 * 14 euro a month is roughly 7 million quid less a month.

I really hope blizzard are concerned which im sure they are. Worrying thing is that it seems to take ages for a Blizz to do anything when its suggested.

Im a casual player i love wow been playing for 5 years now and theres some great things Blizzard have done in Cata dont get me wrong but it seems they have;

1) scared people from doing heroics & not provided enough alternatives via normal dungeons

Normal dungeons;
    • Grim batol
    • Hall of origination
    • Vortex Pinnacle
    • Lost City of

Heroics:
    Way too many...(which is good if your doing them, not so good if your trying to PuG em)

At least them 4 plus all the normals and the 2 new ones in 4.1

2)yes some people want free epics from dungeons (im not one of them) i wanna earn my gear but at the same time places like tol borad are great as you earn stuff in your own time and archeology to a certain part(even though its terrable)

So if theres 4 Normals what the hell are you suppose to do when you get the gear and item level.. Spend 2+ hours doing a heroic?

Then you have the "Need to have Xyz Achivement" to do raid eg (BH), so if you dont have that and even if u know the tactics you can go drink in Stormwind Inn on your own.

Scram wrote: »
    600,000 * 14 euro a month is roughly 7 million quid less a month.

I really hope blizzard are concerned which im sure they are. Worrying thing is that it seems to take ages for a Blizz to do anything when its suggested.

Im a casual player i love wow been playing for 5 years now and theres some great things Blizzard have done in Cata dont get me wrong but it seems they have;

1) scared people from doing heroics & not provided enough alternatives via normal dungeons

Normal dungeons;
    • Grim batol
    • Hall of origination
    • Vortex Pinnacle
    • Lost City of

Heroics:
    Way too many...(which is good if your doing them, not so good if your trying to PuG em)

At least them 4 plus all the normals and the 2 new ones in 4.1

2)yes some people want free epics from dungeons (im not one of them) i wanna earn my gear but at the same time places like tol borad are great as you earn stuff in your own time and archeology to a certain part(even though its terrable)

So if theres 4 Normals what the hell are you suppose to do when you get the gear and item level.. Spend 2+ hours doing a heroic?

Then you have the "Need to have Xyz Achivement" to do raid eg (BH), so if you dont have that and even if u know the tactics you can go drink in Stormwind Inn on your own.

I wont lie, getting into raiding at this late stage is seriously tough!. I mean seriously tough.

I guess I havnt experienced that side in a longtime because of being in a guild since wotlk. But I remember before that, puging was more frequent and easier to get into.

However nowadays people are just wiser and dont trust random players who dont operate in a weekly raiding enviroment and I also understand that.

I dont even do heroics anymore for fear of playing with non guildies, cause I'd genuinely say 7 out of 10 its absolute stress.

Elitist maybe, but I've done my time in pugs, and I'm just getting annoyed at the length of time it takes to do things in pugs : /

This time in wotlk I probably would have had about 3 fully decked alt characters

I dont have any alts geared or cleared through content which is really annoying, pugs have died on my server and the ones left are ****ing dire

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

Im a casual player i love wow been playing for 5 years now

If you have been playing for 5 years surely you see the value of being in a guild, even a casual one? This expansion more then ever pushed the whole guild with tangible rewards for being in it.
    scared people from doing heroics & not provided enough alternatives via normal dungeons

Blizzard want you to be a in a guild by creating dungeons that require some form of organisation that inevitably a guild group will have. They haven't ruined PUG groups at all, they do work just not with the same success as WOTLK. The instances are handy if you have a brain and can communicate it but going through a random group with 4 people will produce random results. Going in with a guild group is more stable and your chances of success shoot up. The only scary aspect of going into a heroic is having to pay attention now, that's not a big ask surely? What do you mean by alternatives? For gear? You have PVP for cheap epics the way conquest points are distributed you could get a piece a week to plug gaps e.g. wand slot for casters. You have very strong craftable gear some of which are BiS outside of hard modes e.g. engineering helm, darkmoon cards. You have genuinely decent rep rewards. You have a lot of BoE epics from raids. That's a lot of alternatives for a non raider to have a solid gear, some require gold and some require time and commitment. The normal dungeons they have serve their purpose well to gear you going into heroics. The gear step up from normal --> heroic from the dungeons you listed isn't game breaking. I went into heroics with almost full normal instance gear & some craftables and felt the pacing was right. Something along the lines of 4 normal dungeons at 85 to get the gear requirements.

Heroics:

If you are gearing it's a matter of queueing for a specific dungeon each day, I don't see the problem with that. If you are doing random heroics for VP I'd much rather some variety, sure you get some places that take longer but that's the luck of the draw. I'm failing to see how this is a drawback on the game to be honest.

Get an organised group from trade chat? Get a guild group?

That is a problem for PUG raids and it's sadly the only way to see if someone was at least physically there. Your alternatives besides joining a fresh raiding guild is to try get in on a PUG and calendar invite like minded people. A simple realm post will find you a few people in the same boat and ye could start a group. Most realm forums also have new guild starting up from time to time and that's perfect for you, a chance to get some raiding experience.

I honestly cannot complain about the pacing of the game, progression wise this is possibly the best paced expansion. There is enough within the game to keep you occupied regardless of what level you are at or what your goal within the game is. The 600k that left certainly aren't 600k people who have the content defeated. They are people who couldn't adapt to WoW reverting to being somewhat challenging. They are also people who just grew bored of the game after so many years. I don't think the numbers leaving is a reflection on the game growing stale content wise. It's people getting bored of their own progression (or lack of), or people moving on and giving up on the time sink that is an MMO :)

TheDoc wrote: »
    However nowadays people are just wiser and dont trust random players who dont operate in a weekly raiding enviroment and I also understand that.

I dont even do heroics anymore for fear of playing with non guildies, cause I'd genuinely say 7 out of 10 its absolute stress.

It's simple time management for most people, especially with the raiding changes. 25 man PUGs are extinct for the most part so 10 man is the way to go and it is difficult largely due to the nature of 10s. One death can be a wipe. I don't want to waste 2+ hours in BoT when I can clear it in an organised guild group (or structured PUG) in 1 hour. Similarly I don't want to bother with a random heroic because that 30 min run is doubled or trebled by meeting someone under-geared, clueless or both! That will all change at the tail end of the expansion when people are geared to an extent you can carry. Even now a guild 5 man heroic is like WOTLK with chain pulling and practically AoEing packs down :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

its supposed to be a game..games are meant to be fun.

wheres the fun?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Wednesday nights, raid night. Starts 7pm, ends 11ish All content clear, cya next week. There's literally no point logging in unless I'm gearing or levelling an alt.

PvP just doesnt have the draw it used to for me anymore.

As for the rest.. cant farm herbs, too boring and far too much competition from chinese ultra-moles, ever seen them? faster than a speeding bullet, and only their nameplates are visable at the ground level.

Archy is dull, the flights between digsites is enough to make me go afk and come back to a dead toon fatigued in the great sea.

done all the quests and dailies are bore.

I even faction changed, tried alliance and its exactly the same there.

If not for the raids, i'd be doing something completely different one wednesdays.

• Advertisement

Wednesday nights, raid night. Starts 7pm, ends 11ish All content clear, cya next week. There's literally no point logging in unless I'm gearing or levelling an alt.

PvP just doesnt have the draw it used to for me anymore.

As for the rest.. cant farm herbs, too boring and far too much competition from chinese ultra-moles, ever seen them? faster than a speeding bullet, and only their nameplates are visable at the ground level.

Archy is dull, the flights between digsites is enough to make me go afk and come back to a dead toon fatigued in the great sea.

done all the quests and dailies are bore.

I even faction changed, tried alliance and its exactly the same there.

If not for the raids, i'd be doing something completely different one wednesdays.

Are you doing heroic content can I ask ?

No. Guild has no plans on it, and in fairness in a 10m guild that raids at most twice a week, its not really worth it with firelands already on the ptr.

My point was that outside of raids there really isnt anything keeping me from logging out and playing or doing something else.

btw, you seen the premium content fiasco since blizzard mentioned the LFG x-server friendslist?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Wednesday nights, raid night. Starts 7pm, ends 11ish All content clear, cya next week.

Eh, no. 12/12n != 13/13h.

As to the main point of this thread, i hate to say i told you so but....

Really cant be arsed searching for the pre-cata threads where people were dribbling about the 'omgawesome old world revamp' and how it was going to be the 'best expansion yet'. A lot of the people posting they are bored were the same ones saying how great it was gonna be.

The fact is that there is very very little different in the game now since wotlk and people are mighty bored with the same old thing.

My sub is still active and the only thing that makes me log on is heroic progression (hooray for casual hc progression!), otherwise its the same old stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Dam them!!!!!!

Noticed the other week on the account that there was a 7 days free offer, thought keep it till gf's away for a good few days at her mums or sumfin. Hadda look the other day. Was gone :( gggrrrr.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Did everyone with an inactive account get a 7-day return offer? I've pretty much been deleting all mails from blizz, as 99.99% of them are spam.

Wouldnt mind a 7 day return though...

Dustaz wrote: »

As to the main point of this thread, i hate to say i told you so but....

Really cant be arsed searching for the pre-cata threads where people were dribbling about the 'omgawesome old world revamp' and how it was going to be the 'best expansion yet'. A lot of the people posting they are bored were the same ones saying how great it was gonna be.

The fact is that there is very very little different in the game now since wotlk and people are mighty bored with the same old thing.

My sub is still active and the only thing that makes me log on is heroic progression (hooray for casual hc progression!), otherwise its the same old stuff.

The slightly dissapointing thing aswell that when Firelands comes, HC progression stops.

Gear form Firelands is superior or on par with current heroic level loot so there is no point in wasting time on current heroics.

In a way I'm dissapointed that there is so little outside of raiding, the demise of succesful PUGs has kinda miffed me to the point that previously I'd be running a total of 3 characters, this expansion I've really only raided with my Druid and my mage and paladin just faff about doing nothing cause I'm not arsed wastnig time on fail pug runs.

I've been looking to roll a new char on my old horde server just for the experience and play with old friends but even with that, the thought of levelling, another character, is killing me.

I rolled a warrior, priest and shaman on my current got them to 30 and am just like, "ugh".

On the brightside I guess it gives me more time to do more things like other fun pc games ( whatup LoL) and play xbox among other things.

But yeah the lack of **** to do outside of raiding is a bit ****. I havnt been impressed with ZA or ZG one bit in the slightest.

Might try get myself into getting my dailies done on my paladin and mage but I've just got really elitist and cant stand random pugs : /

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭bossa_nova

Kiith wrote: »
    Did everyone with an inactive account get a 7-day return offer? I've pretty much been deleting all mails from blizz, as 99.99% of them are spam.

Wouldnt mind a 7 day return though...

Stoped playing for about a month because i didnt really have any spare cash and just forgot to pick up a time card when i was out, but i bought some two weeks ago and when i went to put it in there it was, glad i used up the 7 days now if they took it away:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

I really miss all those oldschool raids on cities. All the flamefests that followed on the forums after were great craic. It barely happens on our server anymore bar two or three of us that travel to Org to mess about every once in a blue moon. WoW has gotten a bit dull gief TBC back!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

nostalgia its a bitch. But I remember in dark age of camelot people were giving out about giving old world content back, they did and people got bored 10 times quicker because they have alrady done them.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

• Advertisement

Berns wrote: »
    Dam them!!!!!!

Noticed the other week on the account that there was a 7 days free offer, thought keep it till gf's away for a good few days at her mums or sumfin. Hadda look the other day. Was gone :( gggrrrr.

Now its back :rolleyes: Wonder long it will last this time. GF's birthday next week so don't wanna use it yet. Hopefully will last till June or sumfin.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,476 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I would come back for an Ulduar-style raid. but I dont need to stick around for PvP, you can get that sort of action in other places without paying a subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

my gaming at the moment revolves around
    world of tanks - mmo, ww2 tank based, very good if your into tanks. f2play too. can buy premium, works out at 10 a month
    left 4 dead 2
    bf bc2 - odd game
    mw2 - odd game

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Berns wrote: »
    Now its back :rolleyes: Wonder long it will last this time. GF's birthday next week so don't wanna use it yet. Hopefully will last till June or sumfin.

Just checked my account and the only option i have is to add a 10 day trial.
    Im wondering can i use my main chars with this?

Dustaz wrote: »

I actually cant be arsed doing heroic raids. I dont see it as being extra content aside from sinestra.

Infact i really cant be arsed with wow anymore, anytime i login in end up idle in org for an hour then load up terraria until i timeout of wow.

FFS, Dam u blizzard with ur take some days, or not, or yes, or not.

So was hoping to get it for next Saturday when gf's b'day is over and she's away till her mums so could get a raid in on Sat & possibly sat after. NO NO NO, Blizzard gotta take it away from me again :( Hopefully they bring it back, think can get a ressurection one in July if not. Might be better since can get 10 days on it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭settings

Overheal wrote: »
    I would come back for an Ulduar-style raid. but I dont need to stick around for PvP, you can get that sort of action in other places without paying a subscription.

Only reason I played WoW was for the pvp, I would just log in and join BG after BG. Anyone know of any other games with similar style of pvp, I aint too gone on FPSs. I'd like an option where you just pick any class in pvp only gear vs others in same gear-level playing field, no need for grinding or crap like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

settings wrote: »
    Only reason I played WoW was for the pvp, I would just log in and join BG after BG. Anyone know of any other games with similar style of pvp, I aint too gone on FPSs. I'd like an option where you just pick any class in pvp only gear vs others in same gear-level playing field, no need for grinding or crap like that.

Closest you'll get would be an FPS or RTS.

So Counter-Strike/Modern Warfare 2 and so on for FPS', and probably Starcraft 2 for RTS.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭TheAmateur

settings wrote: »

You could try Bloodline Champions, one of its main influences is WoW arena, and basic accounts are free. Here's a video (from back in beta tho) about it made by TotalHalibut: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgLKeZnlk4E

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

At weekends\some evenings they do some streamed commentary on blgaming.com. Its pretty interesting looking, though it's very twitchy so wouldn't suit me.

Advertisement