Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eduroam on iOS 4.3.1 (fresh)...any problems?

Options
  • 09-04-2011 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

hey hmm i recently updated my 3gs to 4.3.1 and everything is fine...the eduroam profile was installed back after the initial itunes sync and works flawlessly..

but my friend updated to 4.3.1 and then wanted to configure eduroam for the first time.tried setting up for her but it didn't work. and i noticed now it says something along the lines of tweedlum.ucd.ie rather than eduroam.ucd.ie on the page where you need to click accept or somethin..

switched to wavelan, went to eduroam.ucd.ie tried the profile there, not working as well...any clue guys?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Hoku

Not quite sure, but I think in some cases you need to install the CA certificate beforehand. I remember having to play around with the iPhone Configuration Utility before to get eduroam working after some upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭OTNiner

Try the installer listed under iOS 4

Apple hanged the way the deal with certs when they moved to iOS 4

http://www.ucd.ie/itservices/itsupport/wirelessandlaptopsinucd/eduroamatucd/os4upload/UCD_eduroam4.mobileconfig

Is this version on general release or beta?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭OTNiner

Looks like the nice foke at apple have done it again.

WaveLAN seems to be working better i.e. connecting faster and auto proxy configuration working but eduroam broken - looks like an issue with certificates (again)

will post again if I can figure out a fix

Advertisement