Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

d general health insurance question

Options
  • 09-04-2011 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭

Also whats the deal with health insurance and a pre excising problem if i bought some would i be excluded from using it for that condition and any costs associated with it ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

hi op.

I've deleted the first part of your post as it's against the charter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

AFAIK with most health insurance cover - there's either an initial black out period, so if you have X illness, you have to wait X amount of time into the policy before you can claim on it for that specific illness.

Best thing to do really is ring around a few places and inquire. Each company may be slightly different or have different times of waiting before you can claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭cltt97

Well VHI, Aviva and Quinn all have a 5 year waiting period for pre-existing conditions. So if you had a bad back for example and needed and MRI/X-Ray or physio or whatever treatemnt you would not be allowed to claim for it for five years if the condition was present upon taking out the insurance. There are different rules for dental insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

sam34 wrote: »
    hi op.

I've deleted the first part of your post as it's against the charter.

Apologies.

Doesnt look like its worth getting insurance so thanks for the info

Advertisement