Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2011 art leaving cert paper

• 09-04-2011 1:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

who thinks the art paper is ridonkulous this year? :confused: The passages seem to be more for imaginative composition then still life only okish 1s for still life is passage a and b. and the 2nd pose seems a bit dodgy its goin to be a tough 3 weeks :(

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved from Newbies and FAQ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

Themes for the poster are horrible IMO. Theatre, builders and a glass exhibition? I suppose theatre mightnt be too bad but still; it's the best of a bad bunch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Tara92

i know the posters arent too bad just pick a play writer and keep to the theme of their plays dont do a general 1, be specific. Theres loads of cool contemporary plays just look through sites u will bound to find somethin u like. Im thinkin modelling i had loads ideas for the school 1 and the explorer 1. just a bit worried about the still life i love doin natural objects but theres barely any in them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3 niallrrk

anyone any ideas for the the modelling? not great options...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71 ✭✭BillabongMad

What? really? You all think they're bad?
    I quite liked them. The only one I had a problem with was the still life, most of the texts were either Man-made objects or Organic objects.

Doing a mock of the craft for myself next week. Can't wait :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 AislingS92

Hey I'm doing the title workers for the lino but I'm a bit unsure about a piece of prep. Can anyone tell me if its good enough to use?

AislingS92 wrote: »
    Hey I'm doing the title workers for the lino but I'm a bit unsure about a piece of prep. Can anyone tell me if its good enough to use?

They don't judge your prep sheet. They give marks for developing your idea from the prepsheet. You'll need more than that for the prep too, but it's really good what you've done :)

Oh I have other pieces i just thought that one was a bit dodge. I know you only get marks for development but in giving us three weeks instead of one, they'll definately be looking for a higher standered in everything, including prepwork

Aha that's true! What do you think of the paper?
    Best of luck too :)

The titles for the lino particularly suited me, imaginative composition is fairly nice but the poses are a bit dodge. What are you planning on doing?

• Advertisement

I'm doing modeling, I have an Idea for the still life and then the poses I'm not worried about. Getting my sister to pose shall be fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭mpdg

I think the calligraphy is all right - not the nicest as Text A has no mention of people, so you'd have to shoe horn something into your prep sheet to display you facility to portray the human form. That's what I'm trying to do anyway!
    Text B is full of fish and hotels and ripples and awful stuff like that. Doing tropical seacreatures and fish is out of the question too.

With regards the poster, focusing on the "international" part of the ITF is probably going to be of paramount importance when it comes to grade-sorting, which is what they have been emphasising heavily in the past few years.

I think the passages are awful - A and D are the best still life bets. I'm doing A and using a lot of toys and hotel gear and the like.

Although the foreshortening might be a bit of a nuisance, if you get yourself a good seat the life might be a doddle. That's my plan XD

• Registered Users Posts: 3 niallrrk

I'm doing modeling, I have an Idea for the still life and then the poses I'm not worried about. Getting my sister to pose shall be fun :)

What title are you doing for the modeling?:confused:

niallrrk wrote: »
    What title are you doing for the modeling?:confused:

Em I'm focusing on A but my idea could definitely fit into B aswell. I'll make a final decision (if I can) on the day.
    What are you doing?

AislingS92 wrote: »
    they say the prep sheet is no marks but they really look at them, the prep sheet sets a standard on which way ur final piece should be looked at coz if u had a prep sheet that was just thrown together with no strong pieces they will look at ur final piece as if u dont have great skills in art..do u get me?? so if u have a high standard prep sheet they will look t ur piece in a total different light especially if somethinh goes wrong on the day... but i like ur drawing its really well done

thanks a feel better using it on the sheet now. I wanted a charcoal piece but wasnt sure if that particular one was usable. Nearly finished prep 4 but its talking forever :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Lukichu123

Well the craft paper is a load of rubbish..
    Okay what the funk is "Contemporary glass"?
    Am I the only one who thinks that EVERYONE will do the traditional Theatre masks for the International Theatre festival one?
    ANYONE have any ideas for the ITF one please?
    God forbid it be easy like a music festival :(

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭mpdg

Lukichu123 wrote: »
    Well the craft paper is a load of rubbish..
    Okay what the funk is "Contemporary glass"?
    Am I the only one who thinks that EVERYONE will do the traditional Theatre masks for the International Theatre festival one?
    ANYONE have any ideas for the ITF one please?
    God forbid it be easy like a music festival :(
    Two figures from different cultures (to focus on the International part) in theatre-gear. An English guy in Shakespeare stuff, a Japanese person with a heavily made-up face? You could have flags flying in the background (it sounds awful but if they're big and shaded nicely, they can look awesome)? Google images and deviant art helps me tremendously when I'm stuck for ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Lukichu123

:D.. Well mpdg..
    You have just given me the idea for my Art leaving cert! Thanks mate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 catman103

Still life has no fruit! First time ever I think... Bit shocking when I first read through it bu theres some good stuff to do with the house. Did anyone else find the last piece ridiculous? Not many viduals to do with still life at all

• Advertisement

i know the still life is terrible normally i do it but i was so bored doin allcrappy man made objects im doin imaginative comp now.

i know two girls already doin a chinese girl in there poster and 1 has a shakespeare guy too and the european flag in the background... its really hard to be original with the posters especially bein internatinal u cud put an old fashion kind of twist to it, or dont do a chinese girl do a indian girl all decked out in there colourful clothes. since the craft paper is so dodgy whats the art history paper gonna be like i bet ya there be a surprise

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭sligo.

so is it true for the poster that you really shouldn't have a picture thats in your prep on your finished piece?? i suppose there is no development then so vary it a bit i suppose? :rolleyes: i'm going to do the glass one! i'm not focussing on what contemporary glass pieces look like in the poster but what the pieces might be about...if ye get me :) :L

• Registered Users Posts: 49 emzz

howdy guys!:D

question, could somebody tell me what the poses are? our teacher sort of forgot to give them to us:S ....please and thank you! and best of luck to everyone too!!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mfaos!

can anyone give me some kind of check list of what i have to do before and in the exam? because i have notting done and the exam is on thursday! im not one to blame the teacher but she doesnt even come to school anymore. if someone can help soon that wud be great :confused:

You should look at your papers, it's all there.
    • Prep sheet for craft/design
    • Still life objects(if you're doing it)
    • Pencils etc that are needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mfaos!

so whats the preliminary sheet then?

It should be the "stepping stone" between prep work and the final design. You do it in the craft exam, spend maybe a half hour on it. They just want to see how your ideas progress from prep tp final piece.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 emzz

THANKS A MILLION!!:) should'a checked there!! *doiii!:D good luck with the exams!!:):D

Advertisement