Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to get a lift from Galway

Options
  • 09-04-2011 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭

I'm living in Galway and looking to get a lift surfing on the weekend or in the evenings.
    I'd be glad to share petrol money.
    Please let me know if you're interested.

edit: Anyone heading out this afternoon? I've contracted the itch.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭luisspellcast

hei there

i've been going a few evenings (i usually finish work at 4) and weekends (when there's surf)-- there's another 3 or 4 people i usually meet at the beach but we haven't really sat down yet and organize a few trips

yesterday, although, i went with a friend to strandhill very early in the morning (and by very early means we were on the road before 6 a.m.)

trying to get roof-racks for my coupe-- if i do, i'll be able to bring a surfboard (granted it's not a monster)-- unless you're a bodyboarder

if you're interested drop me a p.m. and i'll contact you later-- but seems like the early morning surf at the weekends (before the crowds) or the evening surf after work (even with it's tiny small) are here to stay

p.s. - i think you need to review your 'grammer' :D just messing

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Surrender

Thanks luisspellcast.
    I'll pm you now.

Badly caught on the grammar. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Tom Ghostwood

I go to Clare a good bit from Galway. Usually on my own too as my mates will only go if its roasting hot out. Always up for giving a lift if people are on for splitting petrol money. Drop me an email to: killerscreenprint@gmail.com

Cheers,
    Tom.

much love to the good-weather surfers !! hehehe

sent you an email-- we might be going Saturday to Achill or Strandhill-- we would be the I'm-up-and-ready-at-6am kind of people so if you want, feel free to join us

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Brandog

How's it goin lads.I'd be up for taggin along with ye if there's space.Need a day or twos notice to get in to town.Early starts no bother as long as ye aren't a bunch of screamin demons in the am:D

• Advertisement

hey there-- where are you based ? both shane and i are from doughiska

we're not a.m. demons but when we say "be ready at 5.30 a.m. - we're heading to strandhill" it means you should be ready at 5.30 a.m. and we're going to strandhill (it doesn't mean "well 7h30ish should do and we'll see where we going") - petrol is shared and no farting in the car allowed

if you still up for it drop me a pm with your contact and i'll txt you next time we're going (usually a day before it's the best we can do)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Brandog

Sounds good.Dropped you a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dukeofluxembour

hey....just reading this post and although its an old one Im wondering if any of you guys are still in Galway and are interested in sharing petrol/diesel costs....I have my own car roof rack etc.....and would be looking at evening/weekday/weekend sessions to clare mayo wherever within reason if the conditions suit......I dont mind driving if you dont mind listening to hip hop......just slimmed my chances there no doubt

hei there

we're still in galway (at least two of us) and i'm still interested in sharing petrol costs

at the moment the water is still cold for me (yup... still not climbatized after all this years) but i want to get some early morning shots

i don't mind any music, as long as i don't have to drive-- i'm really happy to chip in for petrol as long as i can point the shutter out the window all trip-- every time i come back with less than 500 pictures i feel like i'm doing it wrong

pm sent :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 scatall

Hey all,

myself and my girlfriend live in oranmore and have been surfin the last couple of years. We would definitely be interested in sharing lifts or costs, in fact we're hoping to head to lahinch for 3 tomorrow (may 10th) if anyone is about? Otherwise it'd be great to be kept in the loop for future trips.

Cheers,
    Anthony.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

scatall wrote: »
    Hey all,

myself and my girlfriend live in oranmore and have been surfin the last couple of years. We would definitely be interested in sharing lifts or costs, in fact we're hoping to head to lahinch for 3 tomorrow (may 10th) if anyone is about? Otherwise it'd be great to be kept in the loop for future trips.

Cheers,
    Anthony.

Id say Lahinch will be blow out today.
    Are you a bodyboarder or surfer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Sounds like you should start up a Galway surf club

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

I live in a Village not too far from Gort, sometimes I travel to some nice spots,thats if
    the conditions are good ill head down,towards south of Milltownmalbay...
    Only 40 min from my house via back roads. ..

I have no problem bringing bodyboarders the rest of the way, you can park up at mine it's very open and safe. ..

Advertisement