Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horseplay on a Donegal road

Options
  • 09-04-2011 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭

Not sure exactly where in Donegal but I am sure someone will soon identify the stretch of road.

(Don't see too many patrol cars in this one... and its daylight):confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Its the main Road to from sligo to bundoran, the bit near the end is coming up to the roundabout for the bundoran / ballyshannon bypass, haven't a clue where the last road is...

I can bet you the guards had a good few phone calls bout this too, and with the big new(ish) barracks just up the road in ballyshannon I'm sure it wouldn't have been hard to send someone out, but heres a question is it actually illegal?? I'm sure them driving 3 a breast is illegal but is the race itself illegal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

Surely it has to be illegal for horses to be out on the road like that?

Also at several points you can see cars on the wrong side of the road.

I hope the gardai take all the regs from this video and issue penalty points and fines!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ThinkGreen

At one point they were driving 5 abreast,3 cars on the opposite side of the road facing oncoming traffic. As always, one law for the travellers, one law for the rest of us!!! Can't imagine the Gardai would have much difficulty identifying the reg no of the grey Vauxhall it's clearly visible around 9 mins 31 secs

05 SO ****.:rolleyes:

Now Gardai, go and sort that one out!!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭cosanostra

The road at the council offices in letterkenny is very bad for this

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bigwormbundoran

ThinkGreen wrote: »
    As always, one law for the travellers, one law for the rest of us!!!

How dare you incinuate it was travellers, theres no evidence whatsoever to support this, the martin mmcdonagh who uploaded the video could be a stockbroker for all you know :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭.17hmr

Its the main Road to from sligo to bundoran, the bit near the end is coming up to the roundabout for the bundoran / ballyshannon bypass, haven't a clue where the last road is...

I can bet you the guards had a good few phone calls bout this too, and with the big new(ish) barracks just up the road in ballyshannon I'm sure it wouldn't have been hard to send someone out, but heres a question is it actually illegal?? I'm sure them driving 3 a breast is illegal but is the race itself illegal?

yep it is the road homer_simpson said. would have loved to be driveing a lorry up that road that day :D as far as i know they can have the horses on the road but the crew at the back are out off order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 jester1974

How dare you incinuate it was travellers, theres no evidence whatsoever to support this, the martin mmcdonagh who uploaded the video could be a stockbroker for all you know :p

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 48 emt16

That road isn't in Donegal apart from the last few hundred meters where they pass the bridge and enter the roundabout.

if you look at the guys youtube page you'll find more videos of illegal maneuvers by cars and jeeps. It should be very straight forward for the Guards to prosecute with so much evidence (a phone number is even put up on one of the videos, although this video is shot in the North. Maybe PSNI would do something)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

I think we all know that absolutely nothing will be done. We highlighted the car thru barnesmore gap a couple of years ago. It then made the papers and radio but nothing ever came of it after that.

I would love to know the official Garda policy on investigations and prosecutions from online videos.

Back on topic. Wonder was it deliberate that the 2 mile race on the video is in 3 counties? (Sligo, Leitrim and finishing in Donegal )

Advertisement