Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early redesign attempt

• 09-04-2011 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

Hi,
    I've made an attempt at redsigning a website I built a while ago. I'm not a designer, so it's quite possibly awful but perhaps someone could tell me whether I should just scrap it or that it can be improved :p It's just an early sample so definitely not finished!

http://www.squeezeboxireland.com/sample_redesign/sample.php

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Enda_of_Eire

Looks useful.
    Keep going :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 GroupDeals

On first impressions I like the design

Maybe footer could be smaller and no need for 'musicians' or 'players' at the end of each county and instrument

Also somewhere on site the usual About Us, Contact Us and social network links

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

From a usability perspective it looks too busy. To ask a few questions to get the process going;
    • What should the primary call to action be?
    • What do you most want users to do when they hit the site?
    • What separates you from other similar websites?
    • What will your users expect your site to be, before landing on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭jimmybeige

thanks for the feedback guys!

Yea it might be a bit busy alright. I have a design for the site at the moment which you can see at the root URL but it looks a bit simple and there isn't a huge amount on the homepage. Guess I was just looking to add a bit more colour and dimension. Not sure that has worked however.

I would want people to look at the classifieds first I guess, and search through them. The main difference between my site and other musician classifieds websites is the ability to do a detailed search.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 bigdong

I found it to contrast, i would change this white background for something else gray or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Enda_of_Eire

bigdong wrote: »
    I found it to contrast, i would change this white background for something else gray or something.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭cusackd

Looks good i would personally change the font on menu bar to something a bit more smooth but same style it looks a bit too 8bit, something to go with the smooth font of the logo.

Advertisement