Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tree Fern Frost Damage

Options
  • 09-04-2011 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭

I've 4 tree ferns Dickinsonia Antartica which seemed to have succombed to the heavy frost and snow last nov / dec. New frond curls are rotten right into the stem. Should I cut the log in half and hope the further down the stem I'll find newer live tissue? All 4 have the same problem.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭lottpaul

I have the same problem - all of the new fronds that I can see/feel are soft and rotting. I am going to wait a few more weeks in case there is another layer of fronds under the dead ones ready to push up, but it's more in desperation than in hope I'm afraid.
    A neighbour told me to make up a very dilute syrup - just water and sugar - and pour some onto the top of the plant. I presume this is just some old piseóg? - and don't think I'll follow his advice yet.

Would love to hear how others are faring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dathi1

Advertisement