Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HELP!!! :( Wiring Problem?

• 09-04-2011 2:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭

I have an CA MP5 A2 and its stoped firing all of a suden :( thought it was the battery but that works in my M4 and as far as I can tell the fuse is still in one piece.

Does the Classic Army Mp5 Series have a history of just dying?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭F.U.B.A.R

On closer inspection i noticed Fuse was actualy blown :(

God i need new glasses lol

Ok its not the fuse cos it keeps blowing on me and its not a case of battery size or the gear box locking iam confused because at first it had 25a fuse when i went to get a replacement the guy in the store said the bigest he has heard of is a 20a fuse so i got a couple of them and at first the filiment glowed strait away and beagan to warp so i left it sit for a while and low and behold it was spitting out bbs once more. Now however it wont even turn the motor even though the fuse is intact but when I connect the battery directly to the gearbox it works fine....... so can any one please tell me what the hell is going on !?!?!?!:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭glicster

i dont suppose you opened the gearbox and done some work or a little shimming? if you did it could be shimmed a little tight

The last gearbox i opened scatered itself to the four corners of the earth lol so no i haven't but the previouse owner might have

Nope not res-shimed by preveouse owner every thing is bog standered out of the box

• Advertisement

when you say connect directly to the gearbox do you mean you bypass the trigger switch? if so theres something going on inside the gbx,maybe a short or sumting?im not too sure if burnt trigger contacts would cause a fuse to blow but might be something to look at.after that im afraid thats as far as i can help you lad

glicster wrote: »
    when you say connect directly to the gearbox do you mean you bypass the trigger switch? if so theres something going on inside the gbx,maybe a short or sumting?im not too sure if burnt trigger contacts would cause a fuse to blow but might be something to look at.after that im afraid thats as far as i can help you lad

By direct I mean I disconnect the link that holds the fuse and connect the battery directly to the motor

Iam still unable to figure out wats wrong here can someone please help preferably a gun tech if possible

man if you can get a loan of another motor swap them around and see if it helps(incase theres something wrong with the motor,like brushes or brush contacts inside motor).if theres no differance and all external wires look sound well then youll have to go inside gearbox and have a look

I think Iam just goin to have to take it to da shop does anyone know a good gun tech anyware in cork preferably near mallow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

F.U.B.A.R wrote: »
    I think Iam just goin to have to take it to da shop does anyone know a good gun tech anyware in cork preferably near mallow

I'm not sure about cork, but Deburca is in the limerick/clare region so you might try asking him if he can fix it? I've heard good things about him from friends and other airsofters. I have personally bought a used AEG from him and it runs very well.

not wanting to be a moany b*tch here but im the only one that offered some kind of help to you(weather it helpd or not) and you didnt even have the decency to thank me even once. cheers lad

Sory mate my bad not alltogether with it at the mo lol

LOL:pac::pac::p

Advertisement