Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Runner/trainer recommendations

• 09-04-2011 3:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,
    I was wondering if I could get some advice on what runners to buy. I am hoping to start jogging and get some sort of fitness level. I am very unfit and would assume I need a lot of support. I have smallish feet 5 - 5.5 but my problem is I have wide feet and my toes stick out of most shoes and even some wide fitting shoes hurt me although I have to wear smaller sizes in those for some reason.

so I guess what I am looking for are what runners would you recommend for ppl with wide feet and I think I have high arches too if that makes any difference.
    thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Terri26

Can anyone help? I know there was another thread with recommendations with an elverys in town and somewhere in Bray (I think) but I can't find it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Runways in Parnell Street, Base2Race in Ballymount or Amphibian King in Bray would all do a gait analysis for you and be able to recommend shoes. From my own experience, Nike and New Balance shoes tend to fit slightly wider than other brands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

RK, you wear Nike lunar racers don't you? They have them on mandmdirect for €43, €10 off with DLZ5.
    Good luck with finding the perfect trainers Terri.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

RK, you wear Nike lunar racers don't you?
    Nope. I used to have the Lunarglides, but they've been retired to casual wear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Nope. I used to have the Lunarglides, but they've been retired to casual wear.

Ah...ok so.

• Advertisement
Advertisement