Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paddy power dockets

• 09-04-2011 3:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭

Backed a few nags for the Grand National - Dont like PP dockets , - they dont tell me what type of bet I have done .

First docket is a lucky 31 - but my copy does not tell me so .

2nd docket is alpha bet - my copy looks the same as lucky 31 docket .

Done a lucky 31 at another track - docket says in large letters that theya re paying 5 places - they are not - only on the grand nationals . ( which is also there in small letters .

At the bottom of docket it says ' good nights' we are open late for racing and sports . - they are not . - only open if there is Irish racing afaik .

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

At the bottom of docket it says ' good nights' we are open late for racing and sports . - they are not . - only open if there is Irish racing afaik .

No there open every night except sundays until september whether there is Irish racing or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

As Jonjo said, from 1st April.
    According to a mate of mine who knows, the politicans will make a decision to allow them open all year round at some stage in the future.
    Not sure how successful it will be, middle of winter, lashing rain/snow and going out to have a bet on the 8.23 from Crayford or 7.20 from Philly?
    Will get very like the UK shops, all we need then is the FOBT's.

Afaik PP are paying 5 places in the 3 Nationals this month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Backed a few nags for the Grand National - Dont like PP dockets , - they dont tell me what type of bet I have done .
    Surely you know what bet you did yourself?
    First docket is a lucky 31 - but my copy does not tell me so .
    See above.
    2nd docket is alpha bet - my copy looks the same as lucky 31 docket .
    See above.
    Done a lucky 31 at another track - docket says in large letters that theya re paying 5 places - they are not - only on the grand nationals . ( which is also there in small letters .
    There are plenty of 5 and 6 runner races at other tracks, they are hardly paying 5 places and as you said they state they are paying 5 places on the 3 nationals
    April - Sept late night opening is allowed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

okidoki987 wrote: »
    According to a mate of mine who knows, the politicans will make a decision to allow them open all year round at some stage in the future.
    Not sure how successful it will be, middle of winter, lashing rain/snow and going out to have a bet on the 8.23 from Crayford or 7.20 from Philly?
    Will get very like the UK shops, all we need then is the FOBT's.

firstly it will create alot of extra jobs, which can only be good

secondly, there's alot more than just BAGS & virtual
    there's a huge variety of live sports on telly of an evening that people will bet on and watch in the shop:

footie
    rugby
    us golf
    open greyhound races
    day/night cricket
    darts
    snooker
    US sports
    GAA

Advertisement