Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl scrollsaw?

Options
  • 09-04-2011 4:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭

Saw these in Lidl today.

Just wondering if it's any good?

If not, any links/recommendations for an alternative?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

If its a hobby you think you may really pursue I would advise in purchasing a reputable scrollsaw within your budget. While the Lidl one would get you started on the basics, the blades and accessories may be hard to obtain should you need to replace anything. Try http://www.axminster.co.uk/page/find/?name=scrollsaw&page=1. If i was picking one from here it'd be the Jet. If your in Dublin call into McQuillans and see what they have there. They may have Record scrollsaws but I feel Records quality has slipped since production began in China.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭slattsteen

Useless for any wood more than 10mm, i bought one but put it straight back in box and returned it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

slattsteen wrote: »
    Useless for any wood more than 10mm, i bought one but put it straight back in box and returned it

yep same here load of crap...better getting a good one in the long run

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Juniorhurler

The hegner are excellent but are unbelievably dear. Could be heading up about the grand mark.

Advertisement