Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Nokia C5 is a dud!

Options
  • 09-04-2011 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I bought the nokia C5 24 hours ago thinking it was the kings pyjamas. However upon setting up the fone and setting the screen to act as screen saver in the form of date and time. I couldnt see it because the screen was so dark. In order to see it I had to shine a torch on it. Can someone please tell what is the point of having a screen saver if you cant see it?!! Seeing as it didnt meet my requirements I returned to the store and the gentleman in the shop was very helpful and refunded my money back. I have since gone back to my 6300 as it least it does what it says on the box.

Following a bit of research on it, it seems to be a common problem which nokia have ignored. I'll keep an eye out on new phone releases for a replacement.

Just thought I should warn the fellow boardies.

richard

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

It's a power issue. If the screen was on all the time the battery would die quickly. It's as simple as that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

That happens with the E71 screensaver as well. It can only be seen with natural light, and even then it is difficult.

As said, it must be a flaw which Nokia seem to miss. It doesn't bother me though as I don't use a screensaver anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Hardly a fair representation of the handset. It's not exactly the most important feature of a phone. You do have a watch right?

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

could you not have downloaded a different screen saver?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Not surprising with a name like that.....

sinclair1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Yeah OP in fairness you are not going to find a modern phone with a colour display that is readable without the backlight enabled.

"Back in the day" when phones had tiny low res screens it was possible to read the date / time in standby. I still have a Nokia 6021 around here somewhere that has a readable time on the display, provided you have it at the right angle with some daylight. But like alanstrainor said, your battery will be dead in hours with modern phones if they have the clock displayed permanently.

If you're going to go to the trouble of taking the phone out of your pocket to look at the time, you should also be able to press a key to termporarily brighten the screen and let you see the time. Also, watches are handy for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭richard2010

Firstly let me say that I have no problem with the phone. I think it would have suited me down to the ground but the lack of being able to see the date and time in stand by mode on phone is something that will bug me. If my 6300 can do it why can't the C5?

Maybe I didnt explain it in enough detail in my first post so I've attached the picutre of what I am trying to describe.

Below is a link noting that this particular problem exists with the C5

http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/t5/Cseries/C5-time-bar-in-energy-saving-mode/td-p/720754

Advertisement