Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Voucher

Options
  • 09-04-2011 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

I lost a voucher that i got as a present for GameStop. But I managed to get the receipt off the person who gave me the voucher. Do you think i'll be able to use the receipt to buy something in the shop?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Unlikely. It would be similar to asking for a refund or exchange and not bringing back the original goods! Unless the voucher has a unique code that is also on the receipt. They can cancel the original voucher and issue a new one. However, if the voucher is just a piece of card board is untraceable you won't have any luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

All vouchers and gift cards state on them that they are treated like cash- ie. no replacements or reimbursements. I doubt you'd get anywhere, even with the receipt. They need the physical form of the voucher anyway, or it won't add up if you're buying something. You could ask, but don't expect anything. Have another search for the voucher!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

I've heard of places that cancel the first one, and give you another one. Maybe you'll be lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I think you'd have a chance. You still have the recepit,the receipt would match a voucher number and it would come up in the system if the voucher was used or not. May aswell give it a go.

Advertisement