Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rookie SEO question: Homepage Vs About Us Page

Options
  • 09-04-2011 5:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm getting a wee bit confused between optimization for a homepage and an about us page. Should the titles differ a great deal?

I would think the list of keywords would be the same for both, but would this be bad practice to do so?

Also, I would imagine the page descriptions should be very similar if not identical?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Mocha

Your home page is usually the root url. You can optimize this page with wider search terms and optimize the other pages with narrower search terms (long tail keywords). I usually have a bit of about us on the home page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

cool, thanks for that, I'll bear it in mind...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

The purpose for these two pages are usually not the same. The About Us page should do what it says on the tin, give info on you. The homepage should address your users' main reasons for visiting. While many sites put the About Us content on the homepage, it isn't a good idea. The SEO and keywords is a matter which follows on from and reflects the purpose of the pages.

Advertisement