Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent to Buy - turned into a pig in a poke?

Options
  • 09-04-2011 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭

I just read this on an EA's ad over on Daft.
    RENT TO BUY AVAILABLE OR TO BUY. * The biggest issues facing purchasers today are most likely the following: * How can I save a deposit, while also paying rent? * You get to secure the property at today's low prices, but don't have to pay until 1 years time. * Use all the rent you have paid as a deposit to purchase the property at a fixed price wh...

What a load of claptrap.

I seem to recall that Hueston Sth. Qtr was doing a rent to buy scheme and there was a thread on it here advising people not to get involved in any rent to buy scheme when in a falling market. The recent commentaries from economists suggest that prices might have another 15-30% to fall yet.

So would it be fair to say those who bought in to the initial rent to buy schemes around 18 months ago have been sold a pig in a poke?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

ive said that since day 1.

I have seen ZERO people come on here saying they bought using rent to buy and were happy. That speaks volumes

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

D3PO wrote: »
    ive said that since day 1.

I have seen ZERO people come on here saying they bought using rent to buy and were happy. That speaks volumes
    I've seen a few on here. It's a pity that they didn't do their maths, or they would have seen that they wouldn't have been able to have done the "use rent as deposit" bit for anther years, and not "recently" as they had claimed, ie: they seemed to be possible shills.

Advertisement