Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Singles bars

Options
  • 09-04-2011 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Hey guys,
    I was wondering what are the places in galway where it is known to have mostly single people.

thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

:D
    I also want to know the answer to this

• Registered Users Posts: 48 HandsomePete

The Front Door

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭evoke

The Front Door
    Never thought of the front door as a singles bar. I must see the next night.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭westerlywonder

the dail, definitely, the average age would be above 22 at the weekend but certainly it has a younger singles crowd than that of the front door, or buskers.
    Its my new hunting spot anyway! ;)

Out of interest. Are you having much luck. I know it is not the original thread discussion and maybe a bit personnel.

I always want to go to buskers but the gang i hang around with thinks it is for snob. they probably think the dail is as well.

need to get new friends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭westerlywonder

lol, i think i might have the same opinion as your friends regards Buskers i hate the place! And i'd like to think i'm still a bit young for in there too!!
    Nothing personal about it, i've had success in the dail for sure, and have no problem admitting it. :D

yes that is exactly why they hate it. older and more professional people go there. i am sure the people are ok in there. will have to convince them to go in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

Must check it out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 chickey75

Definately going to check out the Dail too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Wel if yer all gonna check it out then so am I :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

We, the Galweigans of Boards should appoint a singles bar. There's probably enough of us on here for it anyway. I say we invade an old man pub and they won't know what hit them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Wompa1 wrote: »
    We, the Galweigans of Boards should appoint a singles bar. There's probably enough of us on here for it anyway. I say we invade an old man pub and they won't know what hit them

Garavan's on a Tuesday. it is so.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭rivalius13

Dignity...

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

Maybe someone should start singles thread..... Bagsy Not me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

I predict a sausage fest:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Karona wrote: »
    Maybe someone should start singles thread..... Bagsy Not me :P

I grudgingly accept. Only because It will be fun to write it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

That thread was moved to FlirTar as that forum is dedicated to threads like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

ErnieBert wrote: »
    Garavan's on a Tuesday. it is so.

Had a mighty laugh at that. :D

there is no need for a singles tread. all that will turn in to is a dating thread. maybe just have this thread to point out where people can meet other singles. like i know now the dáil seems like the place to be and buskars maybe.

you meet people by getting out there. not by being on a forums starting a singles thread in the hope of getting a date.

Also can we keep this thread to the point of single bar. Just incase we go off the topic and moderator shuts it down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

I believe that the Spanish Arch is now attracting a younger crowd than previously; mid twenties upwards apparently. I'm not in a position to be going on the pull anymore but it might be worth a look??

• Advertisement

I believe that the Spanish Arch is now attracting a younger crowd than previously; mid twenties upwards apparently. I'm not in a position to be going on the pull anymore but it might be worth a look??

Random conversation with a taxi driver on the way home one night led to the following gem:

"No women tonight lads? Ye're looking in the wrong places, head down there to the Spanish Arch Hotel and find a woman, they've a few miles on the clock but are still mad for road if ye get me"

We sat there in awkward silence for a few seconds before roaring laughing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Random conversation with a taxi driver on the way home one night led to the following gem:

"No women tonight lads? Ye're looking in the wrong places, head down there to the Spanish Arch Hotel and find a woman, they've a few miles on the clock but are still mad for road if ye get me"

We sat there in awkward silence for a few seconds before roaring laughing.

Yea, it had a rep like that for years, but apparently the crowd there is younger now. I know a good few people not 'grab a granny' inclined who go there a fair bit now:)

Yea, it had a rep like that for years, but apparently the crowd there is younger now. I know a good few people not 'grab a granny' inclined who go there a fair bit now:)

Cheers, just spat a load of water over myself laughing at that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Where is flirtar or more to the point what is it? It just brings me to Site help or something if I search it.

Am in need of some light entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

iv heard the spainish arch is the place where one goes to be adulterous! i **** you not!

MILFS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 jwalsh1980

Anyone know what the Kings Head is like for meeting women? I heard the Spanish Arch is the place to meet older women. I want to give it a try but I find the music there is way too loud on sat nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭TheHappyChappy

Heard the same thing........

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

Heard the same thing........

the spanish arch hotel?? whats it like sunday evenings?

have to check it out.

ps, fairly funny thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Ah wasn't the internet supposed to make all stuff easier ?

We need a Galway boards.ie chatroom. Meet bored singles from the comfort of your favourite chair ,listening to your favourite music at whatever volume you desire.

Advertisement