Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Singles bars

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Hamhide

A chatroom might take the fun out of drinking and having craic at a bar. Still its a good idea

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Yeah, it'd be more a week nights when no ones going out thing I'd say. It could pass a few hours here and there. It'd be a kindda easy way to meet people with no real commitment involved unless you got on and wanted it to be otherwise.
    Mind you, an exclusively singles chatroom would possibly be awkward. It would be better as a general chat thing.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Ah wasn't the internet supposed to make all stuff easier ?

We need a Galway boards.ie chatroom. Meet bored singles from the comfort of your favourite chair ,listening to your favourite music at whatever volume you desire.

My crying chair? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Yeah, it'd be more a week nights when no ones going out thing I'd say. It could pass a few hours here and there. It'd be a kindda easy way to meet people with no real commitment involved unless you got on and wanted it to be otherwise. The
    Mind you, an exclusively singles chatroom would possibly be awkward. It would be better as a general chat thing.

It needs to be exclusively for singles. Nothing worse than an hour of chat ending with her saying how much she loves her boyfriend.

Discodog wrote: »
    It needs to be exclusively for singles. Nothing worse than an hour of chat ending with her saying how much she loves her boyfriend.

I dunno, aren't new friends good too? You can meet new people through new friends.
    Or am I being too much of a girl about it?

I think a solely singles thing might be a bit intimidating. I prefer get to know people more casually, see if I like them and then let serendipity step in from there.

I dunno, just an idea I suppose. It's a pity boards doesn't have some online social aspect. Sometimes I read peoples posts and think "they sound nice/interesting/whatever" , sometimes it'd be interesting to chat to people like on fb chat etc.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

go in to any bar early and you will be single

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I think a solely singles thing might be a bit intimidating. I prefer get to know people more casually, see if I like them and then let serendipity step in from there.

Would you not be a bit peeded off if after spending your night chatting someone up that Serendipity stepped in and stole her/him off you?

Joking aside I do kinda agree with you though.

Anyone remember The Tavern Singles Bar?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

Discodog wrote: »

you know she really does not have a boyfriend

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

you know she really does not have a boyfriend

Quite likely :-)

I can see that people might view going to a singles bar as a bit intimidating especially in Ireland.

There is still the going out alone stigma.

Going out alone is fine but you wont be there for the social aspect of it. whenever I went out alone it was to meet other people and not hang out with my friends

• Advertisement

Would you not be a bit peeded off if after spending your night chatting someone up that Serendipity stepped in and stole her/him off you?

lol I bet that's going to happen to me now. My love life will be ruined by someone called Serendipity. :)

I wouldn't be too bothered though if I found someone had a girlfriend in that situation. Particularly not if it was online, but even out in a social setting I wouldn't be overly invested after just a chat.

I think Serendipity is a nice name :)

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Serendipity_poster.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

I think there is a general Boards Facebook page. Then it's a case of playing match the Facebook Profile with the Boardsie. :D

Maybe we should set up a Galway Boardsies Facebook Page. :D

Oh! Btw, if anyone's interested in a Single's Night in Galway; -
    Mon: Feb. 10th @ The Skeff Bar @ 7.30pm ages 26 - 38,
    &
    Thurs: March 20th @ The Skeff Bar @ 7.30pm, ages 26 - 38.

Definitely will go to a Single's Night sometime, weekdays not great though, Friday or Saturday better.

Have to say, last few times I've been out lately, I felt the crowd out was younger, I don't know somewhere in the 20s range - mid-20s. Was kind-of off-putting. I don't know where people in their 30s and 40s go to...... :/:confused:

I r going to Boards-Beers in Cork soon hopefully! Ye should go too!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 35 jwalsh1980

Heard the house hotel is a good place for singles. Unreal women there on sat nights. Only problem is there is usually at least one if not more hen party's in the place.

Advertisement