Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Issue with booting up and computer shutting down

• 09-04-2011 7:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

I need help with my computer.

Just in the last 2 weeks i have been having problems, when i go to start my computer I can hear the fans spin but the computer doesnt actually boot. I have to keep pressing the power button about 10 times before it will come on, it does eventually boot. When the fans are spinning I think the main that i can hear is the graphics card fan, so not sure if this is an issue. When i eventually get booted up all works fine, surfing net, running any apps etc.. however if i go to play a game, the game loads up fine and all looks great but after anywhere between 5 - 20 mins the computer just shuts down, no warning or anything.

I have opened it up today and cleaned all the dust out and tried to reseat everything but doesnt look like it worked. I have read other posts and alot of them say that it may be due to the PSU.

Does anybody have any advice.

Thanks,
    Gav.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭brianthomas

Did you check all the connections on the board. Might have been worth doin while ya had it open. I worked on some pc's and got one being fussy on start up and I found the power connection between the board and the on button was a lil loose. Ya never know.

Clondalkin in Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭gav_69

Hey Guys,

Eventually found out that the issue was the power supply, so got a new one and all fixed now.

Thanks,
    Gav

Advertisement