Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor Upgrade Which direction to take

Options
  • 09-04-2011 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭

I have been looking at upgrading my monitor recently. When i started out it seemed to be straightforward, get something bigger with a half decent brand at a good price. Since then though I have come across a few revelations, the main one being that a TN LCD display (I.e almost every single consumer screen) is only 18 bit.

As a self respecting nerd I'm shocked that 6 of my graphics cards bits have been going to waste ever since I changed from CRT. So I began looking around at VA and IPS monitors which are supposed to have far better color reproduction etc (and a bigger price tag to go with) I have also seen that there are now 120hz 3d TN monitors out there too. I dont care about the 3D, but 120hz might be a bit easier on the eyes for those long sessions.

Does anybody out there have any experience or thoughts on either 3d monitors or VA/IPS ?

Comments

Advertisement