Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boat/jet ski hire?

Options
  • 08-04-2011 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Most of this is scenery stuff. Is there actually anything to DO here? Does anyone know where to go to hire out a boat or jet skis on a hot day?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭smugchik

...or is there even a boating lake anywhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

smugchik wrote: »

I know you can go out in Rathmullan on the Swilly explorer

http://www.donegaldirect.com/ws_business_details.aspx?BusinessID=1529&Region=Milford&BusinessNm=Swilly+Explorer+Rathmullan+Charters&Section=Activities

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mk2

You can hire this boat.
    5603993300_6e65a7c704_z.jpghere.
    5603405591_34933c53d3_z.jpg

It looks a little unstable. I would rather have something that I am less likely to fall out of, and with an engine....Not for fishing purposes, more to hang out with friends and a picnic basket..

Still, it's more than I thought was available...

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Above posts moved from another thread where they were off topic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭fclauson

how are they any more on-topic in a construction forum :D

Damn! :o

muffler wrote: »
    Above posts moved from another thread where they were off topic.
    My comment fitted with the 'things to do in Donegal' list as I was highlighting the fact that other than scenic drives and walks, there doesn't seem to be anything to do. If people knew about boat hire etc, it could make the place a little more interesting to people under sixty...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

My comment fitted with the 'things to do in Donegal' list as I was highlighting the fact that other than scenic drives and walks, there doesn't seem to be anything to do. If people knew about boat hire etc, it could make the place a little more interesting to people under sixty...

No offense but i'd prefer a run around my county, taking in the scenery over doing overpriced jet skiing on a lake or something any day and i'm far from 60, also on the things to do in donegal map you have leisureland redcastle / lurgybrack open farm (for the younger ones) and garten outdoor centre and castlefinn go-karting /inishowen quads (will be added soon), what more do ye want!!!!

and yes this is all off topic as per you saying this

To which you were given your answer, but it still wasn't good enough :rolleyes:

P.S. ever hear the phrase, if you don't have anything good to say say nothing at all? If you seen the amount of work that went into the map maybe you'd see things differently!

End rant

No, you were asking questions instead of contributing to the thread. If you take the time to read the thread you will see that its there for the purpose of showing off everything and everywhere that are worth visiting and seeing in Donegal.

You came into the thread complaining about the lack of a specific facility and asking where a boat or jet ski could be hired. That was off topic and why I moved your posts to their own thread.

• Advertisement
Advertisement