Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMD Catalyst 11.3 problems

Options
  • 09-04-2011 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I have a ati 4650 on my laptop and I tried to update the driver this week with the release of 11.3. But I cant seem to find the program after installation. CCC wont run.

Anyone having this problem too?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Just upgraded my 4850 drivers last night and had no problems.
    Did you download the driver with CCC included
    or just the driver only one?

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

im not quite sure but I downloaded "DisplayDriver>Individual Downloads>CCC(81.4mb) and ran that only. Am I missing something?

Yeah, that's the one. So CCC should be installed.

When you right-click on desktop, you should see Catalyst CC as the first menu item there. Try clicking that.

Maybe CCC is installed and running already, or maybe a mix-up between 32-bit and 64-bit drivers. What's your OS?

Ive tried right-clicking on my desktop to open CCC but it isnt there.

I downloaded the correct version. Windows 7 64-bit.

I am think of just reinstalling 11.2, as I had no problems with that.

Do I have to unistall my current Ati drivers?

Yeah, that's strange

I had a look at the driver page http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonmob_win7-64.aspx#1 and it shows the CCC there.
    I'm assuming the driver is included in that, cause of the 80mb size.

Probably best to go back to 11.2. It should no problem to overwrite 11.3.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the advice and I solved it.

I had to unistall Ati completely off my laptop and then install 11.3..Ive read that its quite a common fault in Ati drivers.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 82,405 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I just started using Windows 7 Update and/or Steam Driver Updates. Both automate reasonably well.

Advertisement