Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sat/lmb issue

• 09-04-2011 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭

Ive a lnb with 2 connectors....2 cables hooked up. One is connected to skybox with no issues but the second box is not recieving any signal with no apparent reason. The second box is an sl 12/65 sat box.....

Any idea why the second box isnt reciving signal? It did work before as a second box when tge dish was pointed at astra 19.2. Dish is now alligned to 28.2e

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,131 ✭✭✭John mac

have you tried moving the sky box to the second location?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭warlikedave

John mac wrote: »
    have you tried moving the sky box to the second location?

Am trying but its quite tight....didnt need to do that before though. Lnb is a high quality one as well

I have the lnb power on on the second box and i presume the skybox also powers the lnb? I disconnected the sky box from the dish at the box itself and it made no difference

I did plug the skybox to the second cable and it failed to get a signal....do i need to get a high quality cable for the second box or should an ordinary like im using work?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Liameter

Both boxes power the LNB. You must use the proper double-screened coaxial cable, such as WF100, and make sure the 'F' plugs are fitted correctly.

Liameter wrote: »
    Both boxes power the LNB. You must use the proper double-screened coaxial cable, such as WF100, and make sure the 'F' plugs are fitted correctly.

The cable is abog standard one and you attach the steel comnector over the cable...could be slipping indeed but ive used tape to stop it before. Am going to get new cable tommrow hopefully anyways. How much would 10 meters be and do i need a specific type for garenteed comnection and quality?

I don't understand "steel comnector". You should be using nickel-plated brass 'F' plugs. See how to fit them:-
    http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/fconn.htm

You should be using WF100 cable or equivalent. About 70 cents/m.

• Advertisement

I don't understand "steel comnector". You should be using nickel-plated brass 'F' plugs. See how to fit them:-
    http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/fconn.htm

You should be using WF100 cable or equivalent. About 70 cents/m.

Thats the commectors im using. I cut all the way just leaving the copper core and then popped the f commector over it and attached it. The commector is secure on the cable and then i commected it up. Is there any cable wvailable to buy with an in built connector rather than attaching the nickel ones?

Are you taking the p;ss or dyslexic? Why can't you copy "connector"?

You can get WF100 extension cables with plugs fitted.
    See http://www.google.com/search?&q=wf100+extension+cables

But DIY is easy and cheaper. See link in my previous post.

Are you taking the p;ss or dyslexic? Why can't you copy "connector"?

You can get WF100 extension cables with plugs fitted.
    See http://www.google.com/search?&q=wf100+extension+cables

But DIY is easy and cheaper. See link in my previous post.

Im on a tablet so the auto text feature is a pain in the ass so im not quite dyxlexic lol. Cheers for your info by the way. I think ill go with the intregrated f connectors within the cable. Might get a rg6 coaxial F cable if they do the same job or the ones you recommended

RG6 uses aluminium on copper and therefore corrodes quite quickly outdoors*. Indoors it's fine. If you do use it outdoors, make sure the ends are tightly sealed and paint the cable to protect it from sun and rain. It will last a lot longer.

*That's why Sky stopped using it. Too many callbacks for cable faults.

RG6 uses aluminium on copper and therefore corrodes quite quickly outdoors*. Indoors it's fine. If you do use it outdoors, make sure the ends are tightly sealed and paint the cable to protect it from sun and rain. It will last a lot longer.

*That's why Sky stopped using it. Too many callbacks for cable faults.

Ok cool thank you :D

• Advertisement

Triax tx 100 cable made the difference. Cheers for the help folks

That's excellent news. TX100 cable is fine. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

Triax tx 100 cable made the difference. Cheers for the help folks
    The tablet seems to be working too;)

fat-tony wrote: »
    The tablet seems to be working too;)
    it usually does but when multitasking it can get carried away with the crappy autospell function while im switching tabs. Still cant complain about my archos 70 - tis a decent tablet for a quality price (dont worry im not plugging it :P )

Cheers for the help folks :)

Advertisement