Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone for Blackberry...Good Offer???

Options
  • 10-04-2011 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

Hey guys, my friend was offered the 2nd iPhone...the iPhone 3g for her blackberry curve 8520 plus €100.
    What are people's thoughts on the deal? Is it a good offer??

...as in, she gives €100 plus her blackberry for the iPhone..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭kirving

Not a great deal, since I wouldn't want either. They're both old enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Cerocco

Maybe if it was the iphone 4

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

Yeah that's not really a good deal. But any iPhone is a novelty at this stage and if she wants to do it then do it but that 100E is a little too much I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Let me get this right. She's giving you 100 euro and a blackberry 8520 and you give her an iphone 3g? That sounds like a good deal to me. Remember the blackberry needs a service called bis to work with email, interner and wifi etc. Vodafone have a pre pay bis service for 50 cent per day and meteor are launching a pre pay service soon. Other then that the rest of the networks charge bill pay users for it. Three charge 9.99 per month and O2 charge 15.00 euro but they also have it incorporated into their advance plans which sim free start at 40 euro per month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Wouldn't want either tbh, both ancient

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Maental2000

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Let me get this right. She's giving you 100 euro and a blackberry 8520 and you give her an iphone 3g? That sounds like a good deal to me. Remember the blackberry needs a service called bis to work with email, interner and wifi etc. Vodafone have a pre pay bis service for 50 cent per day and meteor are launching a pre pay service soon. Other then that the rest of the networks charge bill pay users for it. Three charge 9.99 per month and O2 charge 15.00 euro but they also have it incorporated into their advance plans which sim free start at 40 euro per month.

No, her friend was given a new iphone 3g but doesn't want it so he said he'd give it to her if she gives him her blackberry 8520 and €100.
    She was just asking me my opinion on it, but I'm not sure what to make of it really. The only plus side I can see is that if she keeps the blackberry, then come May she'll have to pay vodafone 50c a day for having the bloody thing, so maybe she'd be better off with just a regular data add on with the iphone??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Then it's a poor deal for her in my opinion. A direct swap of a blackberry 8520 for an iPhone 3g but certainly not an extra 100 euro in my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

If it was an iPhone 3GS then do it. Not for an iPhone 3G, they're really slow and outdated at this stage and iOS 4 runs really bad on it and no video recording.

Advertisement