Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Obair Waterford

• 10-04-2011 12:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭

Has anyone heard of them or know anything about them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Don't really know anything about them, but they're located between what was O'Regan's (thinks it's a pizza place now?) and Hype on John St.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

Also located on the tramore road across from Lidl.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

Can I ask why you're asking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

They have something to do with FAS i think, some kind of job agency.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭Mysterious&Shy

Thanks. Got a letter from them to see them this week.

• Advertisement

They just help you with your cv and talk about what jobs might be suitable to you going on your previous experience

Ah yes. I had that a couple of weeks ago. It's the one south mentioned across from Lidl.

Thanks all!

Does it take long?

Thanks all!

Does it take long?

I was in there about 30 mins. Like south said, she gave me some advice about job hunting and the wpp. It was also for them to satisfy themselves that I'm actively seeking work.

Actively seeking everyday with no success :(

Do I need to bring anything with me?

• Advertisement

Actively seeking everyday with no success :(

Do I need to bring anything with me?

Nope. I had no idea what it was about going in. Just got a letter saying I had an interview. I had a very nice lady to talk with and she just asked had I considered the WPP, what kind of experience I had and what kind of job I hoped to get.

The only experience I have is bar work (& a few months in Radio Kilkenny) so my options are fairly limited in Waterford despite my other qualifications. I've actually applied for a few jobs in Cork and I'm keeping an eye on Kilkenny too. I'll move if I have to. :(

It's a massive pain being unemployed:(

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

Just make sure if they make up a cv for you that you read it and make sure it's passable. I had a friend go there and trust that they knew what they were talking about when it came to cvs. The girl did one for her and she sent it out to prospective employers. It wasnt until weeks later that it was pointed out to her that the cv was poor at best. It was five pages long, had short profiles on the companies she used work for(as if a new employer cares!!!), it had spacing issues and basically wasn't well written. A little frightening when they are supposed to be in the business of preparing you for employment.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Godsentme

It's a massive pain being unemployed:(

Hi M&S. I know cos I've been there but Keep the faith. Try here, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055875961 there may be something to get you out of a hole till something better turns up.

The best place to be looking for a job is when your're actually in another job.

All the best.:)

Just make sure if they make up a cv for you that you read it and make sure it's passable. I had a friend go there and trust that they knew what they were talking about when it came to cvs. The girl did one for her and she sent it out to prospective employers. It wasnt until weeks later that it was pointed out to her that the cv was poor at best. It was five pages long, had short profiles on the companies she used work for(as if a new employer cares!!!), it had spacing issues and basically wasn't well written. A little frightening when they are supposed to be in the business of preparing you for employment.

This is the thing - I KNOW how to do a CV and I presume that I have to sit there and hear them go on about it.

I think for sanity's sake, that I will take in my own CV done up as it is perfect the way it is.

Thanks again!

This is the thing - I KNOW how to do a CV and I presume that I have to sit there and hear them go on about it.

I think for sanity's sake, that I will take in my own CV done up as it is perfect the way it is.

Thanks again!

I brought my own in also. They only took a look and said it was ok and didn't change anything.

south wrote: »
    I brought my own in also. They only took a look and said it was ok and didn't change anything.

Excellent thanks!!

It went fine!

Was only there about 20 mins as CV etc was grand.

Met a lovely lady too which made me feel at ease. It is just really an informal chat.

Advertisement