Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Therapie Laser Hair Removal Offer..

Options
  • 10-04-2011 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

Hi all, not sure if im posting in the right place but was just wondering if anyone can give me some feedback on therapie clinic? There is an offer on at the moment for Bikini Line and Underarm for €495 for a full course of 6 sessions..

Can anyone tell me do they think this is a good offer or is there other offers out there that are better? Has anyone any feedback on this type of treatment with them and are their lasers good?

There is a full leg and bikini line and underarms for €995 also on offer also.. Look forward to some advice, thanks in advance : )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭gigawatt

hi misty please please sign up for citydeals.ie. they'll send you a daily email with various offers but lazer hair removal generally comes up quite regularly in different clinics. I'm getting my underarms done (6 treatments) for e70 in clearskin.ie from a deal I bought off the site. it'll save you a small fortune. I've used the site several times to buy vouchers for various different things and never had any problems with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭misty76

gigawatt wrote: »
    hi misty please please sign up for citydeals.ie. they'll send you a daily email with various offers but lazer hair removal generally comes up quite regularly in different clinics. I'm getting my underarms done (6 treatments) for e70 in clearskin.ie from a deal I bought off the site. it'll save you a small fortune. I've used the site several times to buy vouchers for various different things and never had any problems with them.

Cheers Gigawatt, i am already signed up with them but quite like this offer as they have a new shop in henry st and would be so handy. Just dont want to waste €500 so trying to make a decision. Cheers for your reply : )

• Registered Users Posts: 47 chocoholic

I've gotten one session in Therapie so far and I find them excellent. Lots of beauty salons advertise laser hair removal but they only have IPL machines which are not as effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

What ever way I read the title of this thread I didn't see the i in therapie and read it as the-rape clinic!! My bad :( sorry a little off topic I know!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

I had laser hair removal at Therapie (legs, bikini line and underarms) a few years ago. I was happy with the end result and think it was some of the best money I've ever spent however I was very unimpressed with the staff at Therapie. I found them to be rude, unhelpful, etc etc.
    My friend and two sisters have been attending Laserway for their hair removal and have nothing but good things to say about the treatment and therapists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

I'm getting laser hair removal with Therapie at the moment. I've only had 1 session with them. I found the hair grew back quite quickly after the first one so I'm hoping I'll see better results after the next time. I've paid for the 6 sessions in advance as part of their special offer so here's to hoping :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

I'm getting laser hair removal with Therapie at the moment. I've only had 1 session with them. I found the hair grew back quite quickly after the first one so I'm hoping I'll see better results after the next time. I've paid for the 6 sessions in advance as part of their special offer so here's to hoping :)

Its really after the second and third sessions that you notice the difference. You will also have to leave longer between your laser treatments. Leaving it longer will make sure that the hair being zapped is hair with a root as opposed to a now dead hair that had previously started growing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭lorsric

While Therapie is a really good place to have hair removal, the pricing can be expensive, despite the offers - for example - €29 for one area, for your full face - this is 3 areas - so, 3 x €29 = x 6 sessions, it adds up.

Have gotten sessions done there , and found the staff friendly and helpful, so much so, I got other treatments with them.

Kameleon is currently place I attend - very lovely in there, and the price is right.

Research everything before hand, thats the secret - and remember to follow any aftercare advice (no sun, wear sun factor etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

How did you find it after? Emailed them today for the pricelist and think I'm going to go book a consultation. Doing my lip and plucking my chin/neck is the bane of my life and makes me so self conscious! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭lorsric

Therapie do alot of TV adverts, but doesn't mean they are the best or most cost effective place to go.

Having been to a few places, I think that money has to be spent wisely, especially in the current economic climate.

Register with one of the deal websites, citydeals have an offer on laser hair removal almost every single week, so why pay higher prices for same thing?

While Therapie are very friendly staff, they are in very pricey locations, and those rents have to be covered some how.

Only saying, shop around and ask what machines each place uses too (candella? IPL ?etc)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

Jwacqui- I replied on another thread in Beauty about Therapie, I would avoid at all costs. Their therapists are unexperienced, they scrimp on treatment times and lied to me about shedding not always happening after treatments (if it doesn't happen its not working).

Also is the hair on your upper lip and chin dark and coarse?? Laser only works on this type of hair. Of course they won't tell you this in the consultation. I would caution laser on the face and its been know to actually induce growth in some cases in women. I strongly recommed you check out this website hairtell.com and the laser forum-it is very informative and there is a checklist of questions to ask at your consulation on it. Just wished I had found out about it sooner

Jwacqui wrote: »
    How did you find it after? Emailed them today for the pricelist and think I'm going to go book a consultation. Doing my lip and plucking my chin/neck is the bane of my life and makes me so self conscious! :mad:

Great! I've had 3 treatments now and the results are fantastic!! I'm really happy with them. And the staff there and just so friendly and nice :)

jadie wrote: »
    Jwacqui- I replied on another thread in Beauty about Therapie, I would avoid at all costs. Their therapists are unexperienced, they scrimp on treatment times and lied to me about shedding not always happening after treatments (if it doesn't happen its not working).

Also is the hair on your upper lip and chin dark and coarse?? Laser only works on this type of hair. Of course they won't tell you this in the consultation. I would caution laser on the face and its been know to actually induce growth in some cases in women. I strongly recommed you check out this website hairtell.com and the laser forum-it is very informative and there is a checklist of questions to ask at your consulation on it. Just wished I had found out about it sooner

Hmm I booked a consultation for Friday. It's brown and coarse enough, I'm fair but have very thick coarse hair so this hair is darker, why it bothers me so much as I'm so pale! Didn't see the post on the other thread.

I dunno whats best, I really want it gone!

Go with Therapie :)

I'll see how to consultation goes. Really would give an arm to have a smooth and hairfree face like other women! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

Just remember that these places only want you to sign up for the course of treatments and pay upfront on the day. You are better off doing a bit of research first

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I've heard nothing but bad things about Therapie. Also, their prices are always 70% - 80% off, they are never full price so it's not really a bargain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 subrosachick

I find Therapie great - proper lasers and friendly staff. A lot of places that advertise through citydeals offer IPL which, in my experience, is money down the drain. Wherever you decide to go, make sure that they use medical grade lasers. Also request an experienced laser operator to get the best possible result

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Roseviolet

Hiyas

I had read alot of comments re both positive and negative comments on boards before I went to get laser treatment for removal of hair around the bikini area. I did further research and finally went for laser treatment at the medical centre in Dundrum. They had a special offer on at that stage (which is nearly a year ago now) for 50 euro a treatment. I ended up having only 6 treatments and very happy to say that all hair now gone and staying gone. I went to a woman who is Scottish and I think is Manager of the beauty side of things in the centre and would highly recommend her. She used two differentt laser types on me, introducing the second for the last two sessions. I just wanted to pass on some good news as I know people have had varying results. It does depend on your hair colour etc but can vouch that if you are suitable candidate, their treatments do work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Freiheit

I had a consultation with Therapie a few weeks ago and am likely to go with them. Had been on IPL elsewhere and the results were lame,some practitioners defend it,but it isn't as good as a medical laser.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Tuhula

I would definitely recommend Therapie Clinic. Iv 5 sessions done so far on my arms and have found the staff so helpful and so nice. . The clinic that I visit is Henry Street. I was extremely nervous about getting this treatment done as I was very self conscious but from my consultation I was put at ease and they have been nothing but professional and friendly. It did take until the 3 session to see a difference in the re-growth but since then the results have been fantastic. Totally worth the money, I am alot more confident and if I could afford it I would get my legs done too but they arent a necessity - it was my arms that I was embarrassed by and since my treatment I can wear short sleeved tops with pride

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭CarolLorraine

ClearSkin Skin and Laser Clinic are cheaper than Therapie and also use lasers, not IPLs. Would recommend over Therapie!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 star0505

hi all.I've got my bikini done last year, had to have 10 sessions instead of 6 , and not happy at all. Bad service , poor customer service, just a waiste of money...all they want is money, u have to sign agreement that they do not guarantee the results, it all depends of ur hair type....would not recommend them!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 mellowinmycello

I highly DO NOT recommend therapie. When I signed up they told me I was perfectly suited to laser hair removal (I have thick black hairs and really pale skin).
    I paid for 6 sessions for underarm, full legs and bikini. I paid approx €1000 in total.
    At the end of my 6 sessions it was clear that the laser had not worked on the slightest. I made a complaint, the manager was brought in and she said she would take over my treatment.
    Three more sessions (complementary) and I did see an improvement, however the manager told me that I would now need to keep coming back every 6-8 weeks to keep getting more treatments (indefinitely) so that I could keep getting results. That it was too late to back out now and the best thing to do would be to keep trying with laser.

I walked out feeling deflated. Two months later I started noticing the regrowths. Right now (three months later), after 11 sessions total, I feel like "laser hair removal" is a farce of a catch phrase for therapie. They are hair minimizers at best and they absolutely just want your money (payment up front) They do not care about standards. I DO NOT recommend therapie.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Thread locked. Please do not resurrect dead threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement