Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McCambridge Bread

Options
  • 10-04-2011 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭

I have been away from home for two years now and I have a serious craving for bread along the lines of McCambridge bread. Iv tried a few recipes for brown bread and soda bread but it always turns out sort of crumbly.

Has anyone any idea how to make bread like McCambridge? Would love to hear some recipes...

Thanks...

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

There's a previous thread here with a really good recipe:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=60064828

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭mac123

Thanks. Tried it yesterday and it worked out good even though I was short certain ingredients!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭sakani

I usually make my brown soda bread with the following recipe.

175g Wholemeal flour
    275g Self raising flour
    teaspoon of baking soda
    1/2 pint of sour milk / buttermilk
    1 tablespoon olive oil.

Seive dry ingredients (pinch salt optional), Mix in milk and oil and bake for 40 mins at 190. Take out of tin and if tap sounds hollow its cooked. If not, put back in upside down and keep checking.

Hope this helps as a good subsitute.

Advertisement