Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tall Ships rip Off Warning!

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 giz_a_job

Why is is that every thing we go to, all the mobile traders, chippy vans, mobile shops, etc, are all from Northern Ireland ?
    I mean car shows, race meets, festivals, park events, exhibitions, many sporting events, etc.

So a lot of the money spent at these events ends up leaving the country, off to sterling land.

I propose lower rates for local traders, to keep the money and business in the locality of the event.
    Local events should benifit local enonomies.

In Waterford, its a typically Irish case of one persons decision
    (being to to charge 2500 for a stand) will result in so many people not spending money at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭tonyagrey

ziedth wrote: »
    A potential minefield IMHO. With people surely paying more for a good location you couldn't have guys just wandering into such an area.

Having said that I have an inside scoop(pun intended) that there maybe ice-cream stalls being wheeled around so who knows

Im guessing that most stalls will be food. This idea im working on will not be food, so may not be as big an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 foxylad2

giz_a_job wrote: »
    I propose lower rates for local traders, to keep the money and business in the locality of the event.
    Local events should benifit local enonomies.

In Waterford, its a typically Irish case of one persons decision
    (being to to charge 2500 for a stand) will result in so many people not spending money at all.

i was at a meeting with tall ships yesterday - the expensice stalls (€750 + vat) not €2.5k.
    these premier stands will be on hanover st, o'connell st and gladstone.
    the price of the stand in this "food village" includes the cost of 400 tables and chairs, security staff and cleaning staff. a great idea at a fair price

as far as casual trading - chip vans etc - unless they are licenced by Tall Ships they will be moved on or the vehicle confiscated.

Roll on the Tall ships - in excess of 500,000 people coming to our city.
    lets back it and praise it for the worlds media.

BTW - for all you guys, Tall Ships are looking for 400 volunteers to help the smooth running of the event, please come out to help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

foxylad2 wrote: »
    as far as casual trading - chip vans etc - unless they are licenced by Tall Ships they will be moved on or the vehicle confiscated.

Roll on the Tall ships - in excess of 500,000 people coming to our city.
    lets back it and praise it for the worlds media.

BTW - for all you guys, Tall Ships are looking for 400 volunteers to help the smooth running of the event, please come out to help.

Ooh, I want to confiscate an ice-cream van.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Here is an article about pricing from the Irish Times.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2011/0425/1224295409545.html

There will be some sort of customer care charter to prevent rip offs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement