Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Compudaypack V Fastpack 350

• 10-04-2011 11:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭

Hey Boardsie's.
    Need some transport / protection for my d7000 and I would also like to be able to take my 15.6" laptop too (on occasion).
    Can anyone recommend one of these over the other?
    The notes section of the compudaypack would be very handy, but the Fastpack looks more secure.

Any help is much appreciated.

Jim

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 smcphoto

the fastback all the way i have one my self well padded and section for laptop is in the back and hiddin away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I have Fastpack 350 two years and it did always excellent job. I am thinking about getting something bigger, so feel free to send me PM if you want to look at it and/or get yourself a bargain.
    The camera compartment is well padded, camera is easy accessible when on one shoulder, pockets are secure and accessible and there really fits a laptop in there. Cannot find faults, apart from lack of a built-in rain cover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Thanks for the offer Thonda, but its an early Fathers day present to go with my new camera, so I'll pass.

Thanks also for the good recommendation. Did you ever find the 350 to big a bag for everyday use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Nope, it is smaller than it looks. I have used even for few air-travels and no problems whatsoever. Just good manners of getting it off in areas with more people (buses, shops,...) definitely helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

The compuday is ok. I have one as a smaller alternative to my compurover II. What I don't like about it is the lack of waist/chest straps and the camera section is smaller than the Orion Trekker. I never found it to be the most comfortable bag, especially when cycling. Like I said. It's ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I've had a Fastpack 350 for a couple of years now and it's a workhorse. Easily the best bag I own. The only niggle I have with it is that there's not a lot of space for extraneous items, like a jacket or a bunch of accessories. I can just about fit a set of headphones, a lens hood and my glasses case in there (though I'll admit the headphones aren't small).

That said, I wouldn't swap it for anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭aidanic

Based on this thread, and some of the other online reviews, I bought the Fastpack 350 from amazon.co.uk. Delivered in two days!

It's pretty good - even if my first outing with it was not photo-related. It's got a great selection of pockets, and places to put stuff. As another poster mentioned, outside of the laptop and camera area, there's not much other places to put stuff. (And my headphones are pretty small!).

I found it just a tiny bit big to go under an airline seat (A320/321), but it goes in "top first". A problem if you need to get something out of the top section mid-flight. It also extends into your foot space a little. With a 14" laptop, and some papers in the laptop section, it was pretty full.

For smaller commuter aircraft, it's going to be a problem. After Easter I'll be on a couple of CRJs, and I expect to have to leave it and collect it at the aircraft steps.

For pure photo, it looks to be good - for it to cross-over to photo/business (when your business is not photo), then it's gasping a little.

On the whole a good photo/rucksack/daypack.

Aidan

Advertisement