Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Characters flashing during gameplay.

Options
  • 10-04-2011 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭

I recently got the home PC up and running again after Hard Drive and monitor failures so I was delighted to play COD 4 again. It worked fine before anything happened to it and Im still running the same Graphics card, nVidia GeForce 7300 GT. Straight away when I started playing COD4 i noticed that characters where lighting up and flickering when I moved around in the game. Also weather like rain appeared in doors when this happened. I didn't notice this before.

Ive had a Graphics card fail before from overheating and im afraid that the same problems may be happening here, so I stopped playing.

The only other difference to the system is that the monitor which was a dell 14" i think is now very wide, possibly 20" AOC, not sure. Could this affect the graphics card? I tried running it as a smaller screen in game but this didn't solve the issue.

If you could shed any "light" on the situation (terrible pun I know) that would be really helpful.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Does the problem occur straight away or after a while?

Download MSI Afterburner and have it running while your playing. You can set it up to show tempertures/fps of your card while you play. Dont change any of the sliders though :p , then post back the results here

If you need help setting up the in game display just post back here or pm me.

Linky: http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/images/MSIAfterburnerSetup210.zip

nuxxx wrote: »
    Does the problem occur straight away or after a while?

Download MSI Afterburner and have it running while your playing. You can set it up to show tempertures/fps of your card while you play. Dont change any of the sliders though :p , then post back the results here

If you need help setting up the in game display just post back here or pm me.

Linky: http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/images/MSIAfterburnerSetup210.zip

It occurs straight away. Gonna run it now and see what i get

Im not sure how to post the results without just writing them out so here it goes.
    Max temp was 59, It says GPU usage is 0 and max memory usage was 205.

The rest are constant. Why would it say the gpu usage was 0?

Also I got an error saying "you have insufficient free disk space. Please free up at least 5mb" thats the first time I got that. Is it talking about hard drive space?

Did it say gpu usage was 0 in the game? I`d understand it being 0 if you were playing then exited out of the game and checked it though. That would be normal.

This thread might interest you http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055805374

• Advertisement

To be honest im not to sure how to use it. Do you need to enable the recording? it just seemed to run as soon as I opened it?

Did you get sorted eventually shizz?

no man I haven't. I have to do a fresh install of windows on that computer at some stage, and just recently got a new laptop capable of playing all the games I have so It's been put on the back burner for a while

Advertisement