Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why smart phones?

Options
  • 10-04-2011 11:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi guys, i'm doing some research into peoples attitudes and behaviour of smart phones, what people primarily use them for, the type of apps they download etc. If anyone has any feelings as to what type of smart phone they use and why they think it is the best and what they primarily use them for I would greatly appreciate it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭backthephilup

Bit vauge? Is this for a college course or is sneaky market research for some faceless multinational? Either way your best off compiling/linking to a questionaire. Thats if the mods allow it. If you do i'm sure a few of us would be happy to fill it out. You do realise this is an Apple forum so the views are likely to be a bit biased towards iPhones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 paulpatrick86

hi,
    its for a college course, I'm doing a masters in marketing in DIT and am doing a research project on the use of smart phones. I actually didn't realise this was particular forum was just for iphones but that doesn't matter hugely. Unfortunatly the type of research project I'm doing doesn't permit use of questionaire's but if even if people could tell me what you primarily use your phone for? what type of apps you use most frequently? if you do have an iphone, why did you choose it ahead of we'll say an android? if you had the time I'd appreciate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Your course doesn't permit the use of questionnaires, but it does permit the use of vague questions on internet boards? :confused:

Anyway, to answer said vague questions, I chose the iPhone over any other smart phone platform because I've used Macs for the past 20 years, and it just fitted into my "workflow" as such. I didn't and haven't looked into the competition (Android, Windows Phone 7, etc.) at all. I would have up to 10 years ago, but I just don't care any more. Basically, I took the easy choice. A very lazy attitude, I know, but luckily it's also a very capable smartphone platform. as a colleague in work says, I've got the "Apple brain cancer". Not that I'm a fanboi as such, just that our houshold has got two MacBook Pros, Apple TV 2, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPad 2, Airport Express, Time Capsule, iPod Touch, iPod Classic and a few older decommissioned Macs- and they all just work together with out me having to do much or think about it. So Apple is just my default for an easy life.

I use it mainly for phone, SMS, email (work and personal), listening to music, remote controlling my Apple TV, reading boards and news, playing the odd game, random internet searches when I'm out and about, Sat Nav functionality, astronomy, taking pictures/video when I don't have one of my other cameras with me, buying music & downloading apps to do all of the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭backthephilup

This is the Apple media devices forum which covers iphone,ipad,and ipod. Android devices forum
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1343
    As for why i use an iphone over a comparable android
    Ease of use
    Superior quality and choice of applications
    Reliability
    Battery life
    Build quality
    Style
    Its basically IMO the best phone on the market at the moment
    Apps i use most frequently at the moment
    Carzone
    Photobucket
    Twitter
    XE Currency converter
    Facebook
    Star Walk
    Youtube
    Thats just a few off the top of my head and only on my iphone. Have loads more on my iphone4/ipad2
    Hope this helps and good luck with your research

Advertisement