Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sky eye....

• 10-04-2011 11:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭

im a bit simple when it comes to this but cananyone tell me....

can i just plug in the sky eye to my tv upstairs and view sky from that. Or do i need another cable to run from that tv... to the one downstairs which has the Sky box on it.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Liameter

The SkyLink "magic eye" sends signals from your remote down the coaxial cable that connects your bedroom TV to the RF2 socket on the Digibox.

You can download complete instructions: http://www.satcure.com/tech/tvlink.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭liamf

A "Sky Eye" is just a way of controlling your Sky box from a second location.

It works on the RF output: almost all Sky boxes have one of these on the back: only the very newest HD digiboxes I believe do not. (and if they don't, you can't use Sky eye)

The RF output on the back of the Sky box outputs what the box is currently displaying on it's main output on an analogue tv channel.

So basically you run a coax cable from your Sky box to a second TV, and tune that TV to the analogue channel which the Sky box is outputting on the RF output. This allows you to watch what the box is showing on 2 TVs at the same time (the main TV, and this 2nd TV connected to the coax cable).

And of course you can turn off the main TV and just watch the second TV.

That's for the watching bit: if you want to control the STB box via remote control from the second location, then you connect a Sky Eye to this same RF cable at the second TV. The Sky Eye has a little IR receiver connected to it.

It sends the IR signal from the remote control back down the cable to the Sky box.

So without a Sky Eye you can watch TV at the second location but not control it from there. The Sky Eye just allows for remote control.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,151 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Well OP Im even simpler when it comes to these things so I hope someone can help!

I have NTL downstairs with all the channels etc. When I moved in someone had connected it to the upstairs rooms with cables through the attic and down into the bedrooms. So the bedrooms get basic NTL - although each bedroom seems to get different channels for some reason.

My question is - Im thinking of changing to Sky but would I be able to do the same thing or would I have to purchase the multi room with Sky??

Thanks

Advertisement