Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Standardised Mobile Phone Charger? When?

Options
  • 10-04-2011 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Just a question out of curiosity (and maybe slightly miffed). Does anyone know if any progress been made on the standardised mobile phone charger?

The only info i can find about it, except THIS was written in 2009. (And maybe that was too.)

Just wondering, because today i found 5 phone chargers in the house, not one of them fits my phone, and i have no idea where my one is gone. Normally it's in the same socket.. Aaggh. :)
    I have a Samsung, Sony Ericsson, iPhone, LG and a small square looking weird one. But not one for my Nokia (Which is weird because about 5 years ago, that's all i could find).

Has it progressed at all? Is it still going to happen?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

it's already happened, micro usb is the connection on nearly all new phones, has been this way for several months now . . .well except the fruity phone (and a couple of low end nokias iirc)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Thanks for that.

So the LG, (Which is new) should be compatible with all new (mid - high end) phones? :)

Should save a bit of hassle in three years or so.. :)
    When all other phones are gone..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Allyall wrote: »
    Thanks for that.

So the LG, (Which is new) should be compatible with all new (mid - high end) phones? :)

Should save a bit of hassle in three years or so.. :)
    When all other phones are gone..

Yup, the most recent LGs that ive seen (c300, alicia, optimus etc) are micro usb so you're future proofed

I'm actually waiting for the days when chargers won't come bundled with new phones because of this standardisation

Advertisement