Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adjustable stock: yes or no

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭LawlessBoy

id go for the one that is front wired, simply because its alot of hassle taking batteries in and out of the stock, and the adjustable stock is a nice feature.
    My AEG is front wired and has an adjustable stock and i can still fit a 9.6 crane stock into it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭mikeyod123

Thanks for the info. Ill probably got with the front wired 1 so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Don't get a Sportline, they're rubbish. Save up and get a G&G Raider, fantastic guns, they take a crane stock battery so you have the battery in the stock, but it's also adjustable. Great range, accuracy and ROF out of the box.

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Don't get a Sportline, they're rubbish. Save up and get a G&G Raider, fantastic guns, they take a crane stock battery so you have the battery in the stock, but it's also adjustable. Great range, accuracy and ROF out of the box.

It is a bit more money which i dont have. Part of the sportline is metal and for the lower price im favouring that for now also my friend has one and recomends it.
    Do u have a raider?
    If so please tell me some info thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

You'll end up paying a fortune in repairs for a Sportline. I don't have a Raider myself but I've used one a few times and had a look at the internals, and I have to say, for the extra money, it's more than worth it. The nylon polymer body is excellent and very robust, with a great weight. It feels nice to shoulder and in general is just an excellent AEG, especially for the price.

• Advertisement

The only raider i can find is from sgairsoft for 245euro so i think that ill stick with the classic army m15a4 for the 100euro or more less.
    Thanks for the info bout the raider anyways cud be a future gun:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

There's also the combat machine G&G; ~€180
    Not as good as a raider, but still should be better than Classic army.
    Plus a 450rd mag isn't bad.
    http://www.eirsoft.ie/review/product/list/id/31/category/4/

I think there's a plastica range and popular range too, they're about €200 but should be better quality than the classic army and worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Sliding stocks... why not? You can get large batteries inside crane stocks, but it is hyper fiddly, otherwise, in the handguard, its mostly minis, but there isnt much loss these days. 1500mah lasts a while, and with cheap prices, a spare is easy. It depends on your personal choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭pyro jim

Mikey being 100% honest and talking from experience, I'd go with leftys advice. I got the sportsline from the same website you are looking and it's rubbish. I ended up selling it off and buying a raider. The sports line will cost you more in the long run, don't just rush out and buy an AEG just to have one or get one fast. Save up the extra money, it will be worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

I'm with you two. Wouldnt buy a sportsline... not the best for the penies.

You looked at the ICS plastica range too? Those are rather good actually...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I wouldn't take a Sportsline rifle if it was free, nevermind pay for one.

The Raider is good, but there are other G&G Plastica/Popular range rifles around the €180-200 mark (mainly M4's). Cracking rifles and something that will last a good while. ICS do a decent performing plastic one too, but it's not quite as robust.

Don't go looking at the "it's got metal bits" as a reason. They all have metal parts. The difference is the metal quality and the fact that the Sportsline uses a rather weak ABS plastic, where the G&G and ICS uses a stronger polymer.

It's a few euro more now, but you're actually saving yourself money, hassle and grief in the long run.

NakedDex wrote: »
    I wouldn't take a Sportsline rifle if it was free, nevermind pay for one.

The Raider is good, but there are other G&G Plastica/Popular range rifles around the €180-200 mark (mainly M4's). Cracking rifles and something that will last a good while. ICS do a decent performing plastic one too, but it's not quite as robust.

Don't go looking at the "it's got metal bits" as a reason. They all have metal parts. The difference is the metal quality and the fact that the Sportsline uses a rather weak ABS plastic, where the G&G and ICS uses a stronger polymer.

It's a few euro more now, but you're actually saving yourself money, hassle and grief in the long run.

Ok this is a bit more but wat g&g's can u get for 180 and does it include a battery.
    Thanks for some good advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

mikeyod123 wrote: »
    Ok this is a bit more but wat g&g's can u get for 180 and does it include a battery.
    Thanks for some good advice

Something like this(battery included): http://www.mainirishairsoft.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=837

It's not in stock yet, but if you call them they can tell you no bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Eirsoft has it and the shorty version in stock at the moment according to the site. I'm sure a quick call to the other stores could produce in-stock results too.

Also, just to add to what I wrote earlier, and to emphasise how dreadful these CA Sportsline rifles are, they have a renowned reputation for self destructing. I've yet to see a stock Sportsline make it past six months without a gearbox problem (usually the pistons), and even less time for the bodywork if, heaven forbid, the owner actually skirmishes it. I kid you not, I saw a guy shoulder a Sportsline at a skirmish site while he was crouching for cover. Two seconds later, he stood up, held both halves of his rifle above his head and walked to the safe zone, audibly cursing.

CpcRc wrote: »
    Something like this(battery included): http://www.mainirishairsoft.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=837

It's not in stock yet, but if you call them they can tell you no bother.

Ok i am considering it now but will look into it more
    Thanks for the help and what dex said has made me think alot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭richieffff

I've had a classic army sportsline now for a year and 2 months maybe, with over 40k rounds though it and it still works :D No work done to it at all. The only thing wrong with it is its dropped around 25 fps since new.
    Listening to this is making me very paranoid :p

Still though the G&G's are much better built, great guns for the price.

richieffff wrote: »
    I've had a classic army sportsline now for a year and 2 months maybe, with over 40k rounds though it and it still works :D No work done to it at all. The only thing wrong with it is its dropped around 25 fps since new.
    Listening to this is making me very paranoid :p

Still though the G&G's are much better built, great guns for the price.

Things like this make me prefer the classic army sportline as my friend also highly recommended it to me. Im still not sure but i have heard great reviews about both guns on youtube and other places.
    Ill just havta think about it
    Thanks for the help richieffff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭richieffff

mikeyod123 wrote: »
    Things like this make me prefer the classic army sportline as my friend also highly recommended it to me. Im still not sure but i have heard great reviews about both guns on youtube and other places.
    Ill just havta think about it
    Thanks for the help richieffff

Still though if i could go back I would have bought the G&G as mine is one of few good stories while you'd be hard pressed to find a bad report about the G&G sportsline.

I just happy my gun is the exception to normal with these :D

Advertisement