Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mega Suds - Gone

• 10-04-2011 12:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭

Had hoped to get my car washed this morning as it is filthy and usually go to Mega Suds so off I went and it looks like they have gone. Place was closed.:(

Such a pity as they did a great job on car and for €9 you couldn't go past them.
    I heard Brightside on Water Side are supposed to be ok? Anyone have experience with them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭wellbutty

Anyone think Noel's carwash at Ardkeen is the worst in Waterford? I've been VERY close to saying it to the fellas working there, both times I've been there I've had to rewash it myself 10 minutes later! If I bring the car in with the arches filthy, pay someone to wash it, I dont expect the exact same filth to be there when I leave :mad:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Crowd at the Tesco Ardkeen Car Park do car work, got it once before and was happy.

Still, the lads in City Square do a great job also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭wellbutty

Sully wrote: »
    Crowd at the Tesco Ardkeen Car Park do car work, got it once before and was happy.

Agree the Tesco guys are great, got the mini valet once and it was excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

wellbutty wrote: »
    Agree the Tesco guys are great, got the mini valet once and it was excellent

So if turn up to them or the one in City Square, will they do my car there and then? Only reason i ask is i have tried the valet in Dungarvan Shopping Centre, and they have turned me away a few times saying there are too busy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭pocketvenus

Sully wrote: »

Did not know there was a place in Tesco Ardkeen carpark ? Is that down by the side of B&Q and are they open Sundays / Saturday mornings?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

STIG83 wrote: »
    So if turn up to them or the one in City Square, will they do my car there and then? Only reason i ask is i have tried the valet in Dungarvan Shopping Centre, and they have turned me away a few times saying there are too busy.

It depends if they are busy, but generally the lads in City Square will fit you in. You just have to leave the car for a while as they take it down a level to clean it.
    Did not know there was a place in Tesco Ardkeen carpark ? Is that down by the side of B&Q and are they open Sundays / Saturday mornings?

Yeah, no idea there opening hours tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Down beside Homebase.

I wondered what they were like, they used to ask me every day is I wanted a car wash. In the end I bit the head off the guy, but apologised. I wish they had a full price list up like they do in City Square.

What's the water less car wash like? And how much is it?

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Down beside Homebase.

I wondered what they were like, they used to ask me every day is I wanted a car wash. In the end I bit the head off the guy, but apologised. I wish they had a full price list up like they do in City Square.

What's the water less car wash like? And how much is it?

Ooops sorry Homebase not B&Q lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

That is disappointing to hear that Mega Suds is finished, I will be missed them as they always did a great job cleaning my car. I've used them on and off over the years since they were down at the Park Station.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭savic04

wellbutty wrote: »
    Anyone think Noel's carwash at Ardkeen is the worst in Waterford? I've been VERY close to saying it to the fellas working there, both times I've been there I've had to rewash it myself 10 minutes later! If I bring the car in with the arches filthy, pay someone to wash it, I dont expect the exact same filth to be there when I leave :mad:

always got it done there, but only once in the last few months, and the same thing happened.

They always leave marks on the roof top or door, which arent dried or something... never go there again, went to Mega Suds and were excellent.

Place by the old park were very good too, but dont like having to leave it with them and come back for it... but would be handy if i were in town i suppose

• Advertisement
Advertisement