Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech Cs350 Bell tamper help....

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 fs1980

KoolKid wrote: »
    Some have a leaf switch ,others have pin connections.

I have added a phot of the sensor here. The alarm was not set but when I took the cover off it did not activate, not sure if it should have?
    When I went to put the cover back on the sensor, I had to take it off again to align it right and this activated the alarm.
    Then when I had the cover on I set the alarm and removed the cover, this activated the alarm. And it showed the tamper front door fault that normally shows up.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The two terminals on the bottom left are the tamper circuit. Disconnect those and join the 2 cables together.

The two terminals on the bottom left are the tamper circuit. Disconnect those and join the 2 cables together.

What should happen when I do that?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It will eliminate the sensors as the cause of the tamper alarms.

It will eliminate the sensors as the cause of the tamper alarms.

Great, I will try that.
    Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭tyview

My aritech alarm started going of mid morning out of no where but I cant get it to stop. I put in the code and the internal bell has stopped but for the life of me i cant get the external one to stop going. The panel says its bell tamper. Other than getting up to the external box or calling a professional on a sunday, does anyone know if there is a way of shutting the whole thing down?? help please! I thought it might have stopped after 20 mins of ringing but no such joy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭altor

tyview wrote: »
    My aritech alarm started going of mid morning out of no where but I cant get it to stop. I put in the code and the internal bell has stopped but for the life of me i cant get the external one to stop going. The panel says its bell tamper. Other than getting up to the external box or calling a professional on a sunday, does anyone know if there is a way of shutting the whole thing down?? help please! I thought it might have stopped after 20 mins of ringing but no such joy.

The tamper on the box is open. It is either not sitting correctly or has moved.
    The bell is getting power from the control panel that is why it is still going off.
    To turn it off either down power the whole alarm and wait till the battery in the bell dies. Another option if the resistor is fitted in the control panel is to connect the resistor across the BHO and tamper return with the BHO cable into the BHO with the resistor in the control panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 dec1892

altor wrote: »
    The tamper on the box is open. It is either not sitting correctly or has moved.
    The bell is getting power from the control panel that is why it is still going off.
    To turn it off either down power the whole alarm and wait till the battery in the bell dies. Another option if the resistor is fitted in the control panel is to connect the resistor across the BHO and tamper return with the BHO cable into the BHO with the resistor in the control panel.

I'm having the exact same problem. Alarm going off outside but not in the house. Getting an error message of "Bell Tamper". How can I turn it off? Its Saturday evening so no where open now to have a professional to look at it.

I don't have a ladder at the moment, the brother took a lend of it and hasn't dropped it back

Your easiest option is to power down the panel, turn off the mains power, open the panel lid, remove the mains fuse inside & disconnect the battery. Close up the panel & turn back on the mains power. The outside bell will run down & stop after around 20 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 dec1892

Your easiest option is to power down the panel, turn off the mains power, open the panel lid, remove the mains fuse inside & disconnect the battery. Close up the panel & turn back on the mains power. The outside bell will run down & stop after around 20 minutes.

Did all that and it worked.
    Disconnected ok but only thing was that the bell outside stopped straight away as opposed to taking 20 mins to run down.....so not sure what that means.

So to get the issue sorted, what do I need to do? Battery was low so does that mean I need a new battery and everything should be back working as before?
    The previous battery had lasted almost 10 years!

• Advertisement

dec1892 wrote: »
    Disconnected ok but only thing was that the bell outside stopped straight away as opposed to taking 20 mins to run down.....so not sure what that means.

So to get the issue sorted, what do I need to do? Battery was low so does that mean I need a new battery and everything should be back working as before?

The battery in your external bell is dead. It was the system keeping it powered.

Another option if there is a resistor in your control panel was to place the resistor across the BHO and tamper return with the BHO cable in with the leg of the resistor in the control panel. Replacing the battery in the system itself should be done when the low battery warning comes up on the system.

In relation to the bell itself it could be the bell has moved, tamper not sitting correctly, problem with the cable or a loose lid.

dec1892 wrote: »

It would need a bit more investigation than that. The bell tampers could have been cause by intermittent connection faults between the bell & the panel.
    That might also explain the low battery. The cable between the panel and the bell would need to be checked, after that the SAB itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 paddybr

what is the procedure to dsiarm the tamper alarm
    paddybr

paddybr wrote: »
    paddybr

Most cases it is disarmed from the keypad by putting in your user code.
    When you turn it off you should then be able to see what the tamper condition was.
    Just tell us what it says for more info re the tamper.

paddybr wrote: »
    paddybr

Do you mean as Altor said, disarm & silence the alarm or clear the tamper fault to allow you to set the system.Either way it would help us to help you if you can post what tamper error you are getting.

As I said..
    altor wrote: »
    Just tell us what it says for more info re the tamper.

Advertisement