Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

veg snack food to bring on holiday

Options
  • 10-04-2011 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

I am going away for 6 days and I don't think I will have easy access to vegetarian food as I will be in the country side in a remote enough area abroad. could anyone recommend snack ish foods I could bring with me like breakfast bars etc that I can access easily and don't starve when I am away. food I can check in at the airport please.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Little snacks I always bring for short journeys like on the boat etc. are cream chackers, Doves Farm cereal bars, packs of hula hoops, soya desset (don't need to be kept in the fridge), rice cakes and fruit. But that wouldn't be days worth and it's just where you don't have a kitchen. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Pot Noodle, the food of kings

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Nakd Oatie Bars, €1.15 each in the whole foods/free from section in Tesco. I'm pretty sure Redwood's sausages (in health food shops) and Cauldron falafels (Tesco) can be eaten straight from the pack too, although they're not as nice cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

I like the Eat Natural bars you get in Boots (also in Holland & Barrett but they don't stock the nut variety...).

Also there's a SuperValu I know of in Dublin that stocks these chaps, pretty good too.

Apart from that, peanut butter... Also vacuum packed cheese like cracker barrel is a bit less sensitive to not being refrigerated while travelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Terri26

thanks guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Nature Valley granola bars!

Nature_Valley_Granola_Bars_Maple_Syrup_6pk.jpg

They have them in tescos or wherever

Advertisement