Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice pub for the parents

Options
  • 10-04-2011 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭

My parents are up for a show in Vicar Street on a Saturday night. I will be meeting them afterwards around 11pm. Anyone recommend a nice bar to head to at this time. Good Guinness, maybe a bit of music and seating would be the requirements. Doesnt have to be city centre but not too far North / South.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Down the hill to the Merchant, 5 mins walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

trad, is that O'Sheas? On the quays?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

trad, is that O'Sheas? On the quays?

That's the one.

Never been in there, recommended so? Any other options?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

cobblestone in smithfield is nice, always great live music in there and according to many guinness drinkers, some of the best guinness in the city (i don't drink it myself).

another option could be against the grain on wexford street does a great selection of beers and ales from around the world, though i don't think they have music in there.

there is another lovely pub with a great selection of ales and beers in stoneybatter but i cannot for the life of me think of the name...

also try bowes on fleet street (beside the westin hotel) or neerys (just off grafton street)..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Good Guinness, maybe a bit of music and seating would be the requirements

Punk music ok? the thomas house :D

The Pale is just down the road from vicar street on the way to christchurch, as far as i can remember there does be a bit of trad of an evening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

tfak85 wrote: »
    cobblestone in smithfield is nice, always great live music in there and according to many guinness drinkers, some of the best guinness in the city (i don't drink it myself).

another option could be against the grain on wexford street does a great selection of beers and ales from around the world, though i don't think they have music in there.

there is another lovely pub with a great selection of ales and beers in stoneybatter but i cannot for the life of me think of the name...

also try bowes on fleet street (beside the westin hotel) or neerys (just off grafton street)..

The Glimmerman?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

tfak85 wrote: »

Mulligans?

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Twee. wrote: »

Have been meaning to try this place out. Looks great.
    Wish they opened during the week for lunch though.
    Strange area for it aswell too isn't it, I think it'd work very well in Portobello or somewhere like that, wouldn't say a large proportion of the locals appreciate the place!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

wixfjord wrote: »
    Have been meaning to try this place out. Looks great.
    Wish they opened during the week for lunch though.
    Strange area for it aswell too isn't it, I think it'd work very well in Portobello or somewhere like that, wouldn't say a large proportion of the locals appreciate the place!

I haven't been yet either, although my mates say it's great!

I'd say people would make the trip to go out to it, and there's lots of young people living in the area that would be into that kind of thing, exclusive ales and good food etc.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the suggestions all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

Twee. wrote: »

yes! that's the place, thank you!!

hope you have a great time with your parents wheres _me -_umpa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

Fallons (or The Capstan Bar) at the bottom of Francis Street is a lovely pub, and might be a little closer than Smithfield. The Lord Edward (upstairs), across from Christchurch, is a lovely spot, and probably same distance from Fallons. Lovely atmosphere, nice bar staff in both pubs.

Advertisement