Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Census & Moving House

Options
  • 10-04-2011 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭

Ok - quick census related question (apologies if it's the wrong place for it)

As of Friday gone I've moved to a new place. I still have the keys for the old one for a couple of days but won't be there over the weekend - Have a census form sent to the old place but none in the new one - can I use this form in the new place, or should I pretend i'm in the old one or what?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭wench

zacseph wrote: »
    Ok - quick census related question (apologies if it's the wrong place for it)

As of Friday gone I've moved to a new place. I still have the keys for the old one for a couple of days but won't be there over the weekend - Have a census form sent to the old place but none in the new one - can I use this form in the new place, or should I pretend i'm in the old one or what?

Give the helpline a call on 1890 2011 11.
    They can arrange to have an enumerator call with a form for your new house, and take the other one back. Don't use the form you have at your new address, it will mess up the returns of the enumerator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭zacseph

Ok... well I'm working today till 7pm and the form needs to be filled in tonight... will they honestly have anyone who can drop out a form at that time on a sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭wench

The helpline is open until 8. They probably won't be able to get you a form today if you're not home, but they can arrange for someone to call early next week.

Ideally the form should be filled out tonight, but later should do grand. Do you have visitors you would need to record staying tonight, or just your family?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

The form has a barcode and stuff on the bottom which might be tied to the 'old' / original area, i'm sure they can get you one and have it filled in soon, it doesn't necessarily have to be done tonight, it's that the info on the form needs to be accurate as of tonight.

Advertisement