Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desktop PC 400-500 euro budget

Options
  • 10-04-2011 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭

Looking for a desktop pc including OS, keyboard, mouse and screen, willing to spend around 400-500 euro if anyone knows any bargains fitting that description i'd appreciate it :)

Edit: Would want around 3gb of ram at least HDD over 320GB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Have you considered building your own at all might I ask? At this stage, the tide really seems to have gone out on desktop pc's and in many cases now,they just seem like bad value when you can get similarly specced laptops for less. If you considered building with components, you will save yourself an absolute packet and get a way better specced machine. Have a look at the PC Building forum if you think this may be an option for you. It really isnt as daunting a task as you might imagine and, like i said, you will save money

Like, i'll be honest with you, at this stage,if you wanted to buy what you want for < €500, you will be looking at a very basic machine, and i mean a Pentium class processor tops. Doing the same if building, you would easily get a latest generation core i3 chip as well as a host of other higher spec components. Have a look at amazons bestsellers in desktops and you'll see what i mean, all pentium and athlon machines and no monitors in hardly any of them. I'm not saying you should definitely build your own machine but it is worth considerin, a lot more so than say, three years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

zero19 wrote: »
    Looking for a desktop pc including OS, keyboard, mouse and screen, willing to spend around 400-500 euro if anyone knows any bargains fitting that description i'd appreciate it :)

Edit: Would want around 3gb of ram at least HDD over 320GB

I was about to say - go with dell, but looking at their website.. jesus not good

If you want a PC that just arrives and you just switch it on all in a package - then get the first dell that fits your budget

If you don't mind putting a bit of posting and research and a tiny bit of elbow grease into it, then, yah, what the other poster said - go to the building and upgrading forum.. tell em what you want, give the budget - the great thing is, they can spec you a machine with what you want - e.g. a 1000 gig harddrive is only 15 euros more than a 320 gig one, yet most people don't know this, and most computer sellers (e.g. Dell) really screw customers over for 'upgrades' like that

The third option is to trawl for refurbished deals on ebay - and there are great ones there - prob is, you need good pc knowledge to spot them and good awareness about ebay in general

Anyway, whatever you do, evening buying second hand on adverts, put a post up on building and upgrading forum and you can't go wrong

Advertisement