Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

imac hard-drive upgrade

Options
  • 10-04-2011 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭

I did an upgrade for an imac 3 months ago. It came back to me because it stopped booting. Using diskwarrior and ubuntu disk utility it shows hardware malfunction. The only time I've encountered a bad harddrive was one that was DOA. Could this be down to a mistake I made. The heat monitor was put back and apart from that the process should be the same as most other computers.

I'm due to put in a new drive, any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

tadcan wrote: »
    I did an upgrade for an imac 3 months ago. It came back to me because it stopped booting. Using diskwarrior and ubuntu disk utility it shows hardware malfunction. The only time I've encountered a bad harddrive was one that was DOA. Could this be down to a mistake I made. The heat monitor was put back and apart from that the process should be the same as most other computers.

I'm due to put in a new drive, any advice?

I think that iMac drives are more prone to failure due to worse cooling (with things being so tightly packed in) and the use of 2.5" drives. My iMac in work gets very hot after a days work. Maybe pick up a higher end replacement?

Advertisement