Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Effect on my personal car insurance when making a claim on commercial insurance

Options
  • 10-04-2011 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

Just wondering if anyone knows the answer to this, I drive a van provided by my the company I work for, last week the van took a knock in a public car park, nothing major just damage to the side panel, my company advised me to ring the lease company to get it fixed I was sent out an insurance form to complete, which I have but what concerns me is that the form asks does the driver hold a motor insurance policy in their own name and looks for insurer and policy number, now I'm wondering will this claim affect my personal policy on my car when I go to renew? Now there was no one else involved with the damage to the van, so no third party claim. This is just the steps i have to follow to get the van repaired.

Anyone any experience or advice on this?

Thanks

Advertisement