Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sitting GAMSAT as an undergrad

Options
  • 10-04-2011 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Apologies if this question has been asked before...
    Is it possible to sit the exam in the final year of a degree and assuming you do well enough (ie get a 2.1 and the required score) go straight into GEM the following September?
    eg if I did the GAMSAT in the UK this September and/or in Dublin in March 2012, finish my degree in May 2012 could I do medicine in September 2012? assuming all goes well of course!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Biologic

Yea you can. A few people in my class did that. I'm not sure what paperwork they ask for but I think you have to provide results to date, then supply a copy of your degree once it's awarded. Best off ringing CAO for the official story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭spagboll

thats the way i did it, about 10% of class did the same

like you said you can do it in the UK and Ireland, so you get two shots, I know a guy who sat it in 3rd year of a 4 year course too

2H1 is priority!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 SpaceApe

Cheers for the answers!

Advertisement