Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation

Options
  • 10-04-2011 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Me and a few mates are looking at living around Rathmines area next year, so i know that i'd have to get a bus. Anyone know of a bus route that would go from Rathmines to Ballyfermot?

Or, any other accommodation area recommendations?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Clareh123

The 18 bus goes through Rathmines and Ballyer, but it's not a reliable bus at all, infrequent and rarely at the time it says. I don't know if there's any other bus. If I had a choice I would live in one of the areas near Phoenix Park but also close to Ballyfermot, like Chapelizod. Phoenix Park on your doorstep and walking/cycling distance to college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Pat2107

I live in Rathmines and travel to Ballier everyday. The 18 isn't too bad once you time it. If you have to be in for 9 or 10, you have to get the bus at 8 and 9 respectively. After that it usually comes 5 or 10 minutes early that what it says on the timetable. If you get it at the stop at Rathmines Garda Station, there are time displays which let you know how long the next bus will be...very reliable!!

Alternatively you can get a bus into town and get the 78A or 79/A from Aston Quay to Ballyfermot.

Advertisement