Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pitch and Putt

Options
  • 10-04-2011 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭

Hello Folks

Can anyone recommend anywhere for pitch and putt.

Starting to get into golf and think P&P is the best way to go for a beginner

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

The only Pitch & Putt place I know of in Galway is the one on Taylors Hill. It's been years since I played there so I can't say if it's any good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Haven't played since I was in school but the courses in Renmore and Oughterard were always in great condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

Renmore would suit best.

Cheers lads.

Anyone know of the costs invovled?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭fergpie

bryanjf wrote: »
    Renmore would suit best.

Cheers lads.

Anyone know of the costs invovled?

€5 a round. Approx €60 to join for the year

Thats for Liam mellows P&P in Renmore

Cheers

I know it's near the barracks but how exactly do I access the course

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Drive down as far as the main entrance to the barracks then hang a left and follow the road all the way round.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭tonyhiggins

I used to spend days down there as a kid :) Is it still in good condition?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭fergpie

I used to spend days down there as a kid :) Is it still in good condition?

Same as. Was down there a couple of weeks ago and it was only alright. Have seen it in better condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Might give it a go at some stage. Played Taylors Hill 7 or 8 years ago, not sure what it's like now. Renmore is handier for me atm anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

Anyone know anything about the one on Taylors Hill? Is it a good course, price, etc?

Also, can you just turn up and play, or do you have to book it? There would only be 2 of us going!? Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Padkir wrote: »
    Anyone know anything about the one on Taylors Hill? Is it a good course, price, etc?

Also, can you just turn up and play, or do you have to book it? There would only be 2 of us going!? Thanks!

Have been there a few times, nice little course. Think its €10 or so, and you can just show up and play, no need to book.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Any decent driving ranges around?

There is one in salthill which is supposed to be good but I haven't been.

Also one at the Glenlo abbey hotel back past dangan, I've been there and its ok, nothing special.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Have been to the one in Salthill a good few times, its grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭BornToBe?

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Drive down as far as the main entrance to the barracks then hang a left and follow the road all the way round.

Do you have to go right up to the gate and turn left passed the sign that says "military grounds, do not enter etc."?? I took a spin to find it but didn't wanna end up in a barracks with army guys surrounding me.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Aiel

I wish the Par 3 course in Rosshill was still there.That was perfect for beginners too,its where i learned to hack my way around a golf course:).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Tedole

Yeah, the Liam Mellows P&P is right at the barracks - drive to the barracks, and there is a road left just before the main entrance. If the gate is locked, just knock on the window beside it and one of the army lads will let you in as long as there is no shooting practice on the shooting range, which is beside the P&P course.
    I too really miss Rosshill, was a great spot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Do you still need your own clubs @ Renmore? I remember trying to go for a game a few years back, cycled out... he saw us coming down the hill and shouted at us to f*** off if we hadn't got clubs.

cheers lads

will probably head down this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭tonyhiggins

foto joe wrote: »
    Do you still need your own clubs @ Renmore? I remember trying to go for a game a few years back, cycled out... he saw us coming down the hill and shouted at us to f*** off if we hadn't got clubs.

Ah, memories :)

• Advertisement

played on taylors Hill last year (after searching for the one at the barracks to no avail) and the course is ok. Very cramped though.

Actually, now that I think of it, the greens were in bits, yeah, actually it was pretty bad

played on taylors Hill last year (after searching for the one at the barracks to no avail) and the course is ok. Very cramped though.

Actually, now that I think of it, the greens were in bits, yeah, actually it was pretty bad

Ya it's more like a garden tbh.
    foto joe wrote: »

We were out there a few months ago, maybe it was the end of last summer though as it was hot.

He gave us clubs from inside but didn't seem happy about it. Seemed it wasn't how things usually ran.

Barna isn't a bad course, doh its un-manned so you wouldn't really know which hole is which.

You need your own clubs but you can play for free :D.... there's a hole in the wall though for the fee.... YA RIGHT!!(I'm honest but not sticking money in a wall for something like that)

It's at the back of the Gaelic pitch, bit hard to find it your not a local though although it's signposted from the backroad(go up the road by the twelve pins, come to a junction with sign, a tiny bit down it in on the right is the GAA pitch)

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Will23

sorry to resurrect an old thread, heading to galway on a stag in a few weeks and wanted to get a round of P+P in on a saturday afternoon. there is 8 of us going. is there anywhere suitable, and that will let us play?

thanks.

Will.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Please use the Stag sticky. Zombie lock.
    But Taylor's hill is probably your best bet

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement