Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Tom XL

Options
  • 10-04-2011 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭

The maps on the device are: UK & ROI v825.2159.
    Is the mapping data up to scratch now?

I'm considering signing up for the map update service (6 months free if sign up before next week).

So my question is - is it worth it?
    Do I put my cash into new maps or towards a different gps?[/B]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

This offer (18 months of updates for €51) runs out tomorrow.
    Any opinions? The TT is no good to me as it is... but I don't have €51 to waste.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

V825 would be over 2 years old now.
    I would recommend buying a new TT and avail of the latest map guarantee.

Thanks for the response koolkid, have there been major updates to the maps since then?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

There have been a good lot.
    The M50 intersections for one. If you want me to look up anything in particular let me know.;)

Went ahead last night and got the updated maps rather than a new gps.
    Installation went smoothly enough but it killed all my favourites.

I noticed that the wrong speed limit was still shown for the M50 (120km/h northbound from Blanchardstown to M1)

• Advertisement

That can be corrected directly on your device.
    If it were just down to speed limits I'd be very happy.

Advertisement