If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Pioneer VSX 920

Options
  • 10-04-2011 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hello

I hope you can help me with a problem I'm having with my Pioneer VSX 920 that I bought in October. Basically, I turned it on today, and it powered off immediately. Now it won't power on - it makes a clicking noise similar to the one when it changes inputs in normal use, but no display etc. If I leave it, it continues to click every 30 seconds approx. Pressing the power button for 10 seconds switches it 'off'. I've tried changing the leads around and powering off/on etc., but to no avail. Any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Teg.

Sorry to hear that you are having problems.

We need to rule out a cable short as the cause, so if you disconnect all the cables, will it still not power on ?

If the receiver will still not power on with all the cables disconnected, then the only other option you have is to do a reset, before it is returned to us for repair.

Set multizone to off and make sure no USB or ipod is connected.

(1) Switch the receiver off into standby.
    (2) While holding down enter on the front panel, press the stanby button to turn the unit on.
    (3) The display will show reset < NO >
    (4) Select "reset" using the preset < & > arrows and when it shows reset on the front display, press ENTER.
    (5) It will then say Reset OK ? - Press enter again to confirm.

This will reset the receiver to the factory settings and will wipe any custom settings you have setup, but it will reset the entire receiver.

If this fails, then unfortunately we will have to get the unit back to us for repair.

Keep me posted as to how you go with this.

Regards

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 43 teg23

Hi Dave

Thanks for the response. I'll try these and get back to you this evening.

Regards

John

Hi Dave

I tried with everything disconnected and got nothing - no lcd, no power etc., just the clicking noise.

What now?

Regards

John

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

teg23 wrote: »
    Hi Dave

I tried with everything disconnected and got nothing - no lcd, no power etc., just the clicking noise.

What now?

Regards

John

John,

No problem, just pack it up (really well for transportation!), enclose a copy of your receipt and a detailed fault description - get it back to us and we will get it sorted out for you no problem.

Thanks again & apologies for the inconvenience,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

John

Apologies for the delay - I've just gotten married! Now I can concentrate on 'other' stuff! :D

I'll send the amp tomorrow.

Regards and thanks again

John

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

teg23 wrote: »
    John

Apologies for the delay - I've just gotten married! Now I can concentrate on 'other' stuff! :D

I'll send the amp tomorrow.

Regards and thanks again

John

John,

Apologies for the delay getting back to you...

Congrats on the wedding -but now you won't have any time to spend on 'the other stuff' :p

We'll keep an eye out for the 920 and drop me a PM if we can ever assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks for your help; it should be with you any day now.

And LOL on the other! I 'might' be able to look into a Blu-Ray upgrade. I currently have a Sony BDP S 370 - is there a universal player (Blu-Ray, DVD, SACD Multi-channel and 'good' CD audio) available?

Thanks

John

Hi Teg23,

Check out the Denon DBP-1611UD, ticks all the boxes for ya. Fantastic piece of kit. See the link below for more info:

http://denon.co.uk/uk/Product/Pages/Product-Detail.aspx?Catid=HomeTheatre&SubId=BlurayUniversalPlayer&ProductId=DBP1611UD

We have 1 left which is our display unit. I'll see what price we can do for you and get back ASAP!

Chris

Cheers - looks interesting, I'll check it out.

Did the amp arrive yet?

Hi Teg.

No sign as yet.

What way was it coming ?

ATB

Dave

• Advertisement

Hi

It was sent via An Post registered - it should have arrived by now. I'll check my end.

Thanks

Hello again

It was sent via track and trace and it seems to have been delivered on 25/07/2011. It looks like it was signed for by a 'J.Jordan'.

Does that ring any bells?

Thanks

Hi Teg23.

Again sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

The amp arrived in with us yesterday and we are looking after it at this end ;).

We will keep you updated on the repair as the information becomes available.

Hi Dave

Phew! Thanks again for your help.

Regards

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.