Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent Census Question

Options
  • 10-04-2011 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

Hi there,

my Mum wants me to fill the form out with her as I am a college student and she is now on her own. I will be on a bus at 9.30 and can reach my rented digs at 10PM. She filled out her part and then me as an absent person. Then she scribbled absent person out and added me as number two.

Do I fill out the absent person 2 part of the form and then go home to digs and do my own census? Absent person 1 slot is now destroyed with pen and person 2 is also written on.

I realise you're supposed to write this at 10PM but she wanted to do it in case she had problems with it... and then didn't ask me how to do it when I was in the next room.

Need to know what to do by 8PM!

Thanks,

R

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

Your mother is incorrect. You should have been listed as absent. This is clearly stated on page 3 of the form. Please ensure you either correct the form (ask the census enumerator for a new one) or ensure you are not counted as being present on the form for your college digs.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭trishasaffron

To be honest it doesn't really matter where you are included as long as you are included and only included once!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Liberum Avis

Hi, don't worry about filling the form in at a particular time. You can fill in your form whenever you get home as that is the place where you will be spending the night.
    On your Mums form you will be put down as absent person and fill in your details on page 22. Now that line 1 is gone on absent persons, page 3, put your name on line 2 and fill in the details on page 22 for person 2 to match this. I reckon this is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭theredletter

Perfect. I scribbled all mine out and she filled in me as absent person 2 as she had already scribbled out absent person 1. I know it's written clearly, but she has some vision problems and finds reading difficult. Fair enough imo.

I'll fill out mine properly when I get back to college.

Cheers.

Advertisement