Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Asian handicap with Tie Rules?

• 10-04-2011 7:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭

Newbie question here.

Result was Northampton 23 - 13 Ulster

1 10/04/2011 Northampton v Ulster
    (Hcap with Tie) Northampton -10.0 10/11 Lost

In this case does the -10.0 bet lose? I thought it would be a stake return?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

There was a Handicap Tie option available so that would be the winning selection.

It is only a void/push if there is no tie available.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Cartel Mike

Newbie question here.

Result was Northampton 23 - 13 Ulster

1 10/04/2011 Northampton v Ulster
    (Hcap with Tie) Northampton -10.0 10/11 Lost

In this case does the -10.0 bet lose? I thought it would be a stake return?

Yip as above. You were unlucky as you betted on the 3-way hcap (most people do) and so the the -10 hcap draw option won.Usually this price is around 12/1.
    There is a 2-way(American style) hcap available with most bookies as well only your odds will shrink to maybe 4/5 but this eliminates the possability of the hcap draw.
    In this case it would have been something like
    Northampton -9.5 @ 4/5

The 2-way hcaps are a pretty good idea for GAA games (i think) but im not sure how many bookies offer this option. Im sure the irish ones do but i can't remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭sleepyholland

Thanks fellas. Lesson learned. I'll keep an eye out for the 2-way in future. Think I missed it as I was on the phone app.

Advertisement