Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Headcount

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

seannash wrote: »
    Guess thats where we differ
    Dont get me wrong going back to rework a completed track to make it sound better is fine but having an 8 bar loop sitting on a harddrive for a year isnt something you should revisit

Why isn't it something you should revisit? Is there some magic law says you can't go back?

It's not actually a bad idea, to sit down some night, over a few beers and listen back over your old clips. Some/Most may sound terrible. But some may sound better than you remembered or you'll find something really good you forgot.
    Anyone can finish a track,the quality of the production might be **** but it should be finished,the drive to finish it should be there.If its not the originally it wont suddenly appear a year later

There are so many factors that can change the person/producer: Hairstyles, divorce, finding religion.

You may just run out steam working on the original track. Over time you can come up with other ideas. Different things that could make the whole thing mesh in a way you couldn't before.

You shouldn't think of a track as one idea. It's lots of different ideas.And it doesn't matter if they come all at once or when they come.
    1 completed song is better than 1000 8 bar loops and talks of what your going to do to it imo

And to be honest alot of people get lazy when it comes to pushing through and finishing,completing a track isnt fun really but its something people have to get on and do

All my opinion

It's my opinion too. You really have to get into the habit of pushing yourself to have something that resembles a finished track. Most people never get past the stage of doodling.

Advertisement